• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone up for Naches in August?

I would be there but i work on the 15th and my 18th birthday is on the 22nd.....so maybe if someone plans a run there at a later time i would be down.

-PJ-

Naches has always had enough to keep me busy for the day,but I enjoy the area,depending how "fire Season" goes I plan on heading that way sometime in August ,September,October...day trips from Tacoma.
All trails or loops that a person creates has a mix of everything.
Not all trails lead to the "rocks"..

So talk to me about the "Naches Wagon Trail." (Difficulty, location, length, etc.) I know when we were discussing when to have NWF, this trail was brought up.

05044wd_01z+Jeep+Front_Passenger_Side_View_Car_On_Mission.jpg

Pic taken from 4wd & Sport Utilty

Naches Trail starts on the FS 70 rd.just out of Greenwater on the west side and ends at the FS 19 rd. in the Little Naches area. I think it`s an easy trail if the weather has been dry. If wet then the first up hill at the start can be ?? for some and then the up hill that goes by a stump or is it a rock on the right side ,after that it`s an easy one .I usually take till past the Government Meadow and cabin to the first road crossing or the second road which is FS 19 it`s down aways turn right ,then left on black top follow to the Kaner Flat area.
You can follow the trail all the way down to it`s end on the FS 19 rd.
We have left the Safeway in Enumclaw ,aired down at the trail head,walked out to the cabin at Gov.Meadow,and followed the trail all the way to it`s end in 4 hrs
The Naches trail is only open from July 15 to Nov 15 .thats why it couldn`t be run at NW Fest.

The Naches trail is only open from July 15 to Nov 15 .thats why it couldn`t be run at NW Fest.

It could of been ran from the Naches side though, just not the Greenwater side.

The Naches Trail is easy. Its just that, a trail.

I was going to say heck out some insight by Matt about the Naches Trail on www.jpfreek.com, but they now charge you to view their online magaizines. :doh:

It could of been ran from the Naches side though, just not the Greenwater side.

The Naches Trail is easy. Its just that, a trail.

I was going to say heck out some insight by Matt about the Naches Trail on www.jpfreek.com, but they now charge you to view their online magaizines. :doh:

If you are already a member/subscriber to jpfreek, you get a free year of subscriptions by being "grandfathered in." Then, after the year is up, you still get a very discounted price. I think it is worth the small fee for a neat magazine. Just my opinion though.

So who wants to set the date for the weekend of the 22nd? And how long do we want to do it? (Friday-Sun, or what?)

~Scott

22nd works for me. I think I'll probably leave on Thursday and stay through Sunday (20-23).

Also, as of right now there are no fire restrictions so we should be good to camp at the same place.

Id have to come over Friday after work, leave Saturday night or Sunday morn. But that weekend *should* work for me.

X2, only I can stay a little longer on Sunday.

Well I'm down to go, I'll ask for Friday off, and drive down either Thursday night or Friday morning and stay till Sunday or Monday.

~Scott

Back