• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone up for a badlands trip this winter????????????

Fore Wheeler said:
Who knows about the river? My first winter wheeling in Attica was after the river thing. JJ, Mac, Bob?

I might go to Meijer and get one of those patio fire pits, that would be fun to have a fire in the parking lot, wont have to deal with the mud and Les won't have to bring straw, only for his bed. :D

i dont know about the river. the time we stayed there it wasnt a planned thing. people were getting into town late and we met there, started to drink there, and then slept there. the next night i think some guys stayed there, a few us stayed at that girls place.

one of the last few times i was in attica i stoped by gay daves place see if we could stay by the river and he acted like he didnt know me. so who knows...

there is that other camp ground we stayed at 3-4 yrs ago where chris's tent blew into the creek. i dont remember the name of it. maybe mac knows. it was the winterfest where chainsaw from gljt was there.

cheers,

jj

Fore Wheeler said:
Who knows about the river? My first winter wheeling in Attica was after the river thing. JJ, Mac, Bob?

I might go to Meijer and get one of those patio fire pits, that would be fun to have a fire in the parking lot, wont have to deal with the mud and Les won't have to bring straw, only for his bed. :D

On the bank of the Wabash is a town park. Last time I was down there over night parking was allowed.

I was planning on hanging out a Robbies and stumbling to my room at the Historic Attica Inn. But if somebody finds a place to have a fire I'll hang there.

jjchgo said:
i dont know about the river. the time we stayed there it wasnt a planned thing. people were getting into town late and we met there, started to drink there, and then slept there. the next night i think some guys stayed there, a few us stayed at that girls place.

one of the last few times i was in attica i stoped by gay daves place see if we could stay by the river and he acted like he didnt know me. so who knows...

there is that other camp ground we stayed at 3-4 yrs ago where chris's tent blew into the creek. i dont remember the name of it. maybe mac knows. it was the winterfest where chainsaw from gljt was there.

cheers,

jj

There was that one campground that was south of town, i think, it was owned by someone who at the time worked at the badlands. I dont know anything about it. the attica campground (at the badlands) is owned by a new owner that I don't know, so even getting in there to camp early is something I dont know about. I'm up for whatever, camp, hotel doesn't matter. I'll be cruising in the big vangina so I bring my bed (eeeeeer...footon) to the party...wherever it ends up...

several years ago, when we camped at the park, i had called and talked to someone with the city of Attica and they told us then camping at the park was cool, only they said not to have a fire...we had a fire and didn't get bothered...sooooo....

mac 'everything is so commericalized' gyvr

I was the one that hooked up with that cg south of attica, it was nice but alot farther than I want to drive again. I'm game with parking close and maybe we can just set Robbies on fire.

:flame:

i don't think that i'm going to swap the tranny before the trip. got some big plans coming down the line after the trip and the tranny swap just adds extra work...

so, we'll try to completely destroy reverse in the aw4 that weekend...its already on its way out...why not make it totally hosed...

mac 'the durable aw4' gyvr

Fore Wheeler said:
two weeks. It's time to start working on my junk.

i wonder if i can buy a jeep, lift it and everything in two weeks... ;)

cheers,

jj

BRIANHO13 said:
Did I miss a date change, I am counting 3 weeks?

you're right, I'm retarded. three weeks.

that means I can put off fixing it for another week or two.

:D

BTW, is anyone bringing their kids?? My 13 yr old son is comming with me.

Dirt said:
You going?

probably not. still working on my house, havent even touched my jeep in 2 weeks. some one was thinking of going beginning of march. trying to shoot for that.

Back