• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone up for a badlands trip this winter????????????

I hope your kidding!

Even if you were not, My junk is still broke. I got a new t-case to go in and I picked up a new steering knuckle for the pass side ($30) so I can actually bolt the caliper on. ;)

B-loose

Bloose said:
I hope your kidding!

Even if you were not, My junk is still broke. I got a new t-case to go in and I picked up a new steering knuckle for the pass side ($30) so I can actually bolt the caliper on. ;)

B-loose

dude, why don't you just drill and tap your knuckle, that's what I did when I had a 30, oh, those were the days.

I'm kidding, wheelin in June sounds good tho.

Fore Wheeler said:
dude, why don't you just drill and tap your knuckle, that's what I did when I had a 30, oh, those were the days.

I'm kidding, wheelin in June sounds good tho.

For 30 bucks I figured why not. I have new ball joints I wanted to install on that side anyway. Then I'll carry the old joints as trail spares.

B

He couldn't get it into his computer, so he sent it back to me, since my camcorder started working again the day after I sent the tape to him.

Of the 25-30 minutes I shot, I could probably edit it down to 8-10. I hope to have time Sunday, if not I'll just burn a CD/DVD and send it to you.

I'll take one too, if you don't mind.....I can send you a few bucks for your troubles.

When and where are you guys wheelin next. As long as its after March 2 & my funds are sufficient, I'll have my little lift put on and maybe some meatier tires. Also what would I need to bring?

Next run is actually this weekend. Just keep checking this forum. Check out the S. Ill. meet & greet thread. Might be close enough for you to make. Glad to see you made it over here. JIM.

I got the Jeep apart and found that I did break 2 teeth off the ring gear. Both snapped off clean. The pinion looks perfect still. Funny thing is I thought the pinion was the weak spot on 4.88's in a D30.

The T-case threw a gear out of the planetary for the full time diff. If you've seen a 242 apart you know what I'm talking about. It looks like the plastic pads on the mode fork were worn out, I'm wondering if this may have caused the problem? Not sure why it would but I didn't see any other problems. The gears that the planetarys ride on were good and there were no broken teeth on the planetary gear that was spit out (I found it on the side of the road). All of the other planatarys were good too.

This is the second case I've had where the plastic pads have worn out. Anyone else have this problem? I think I may post this question in another forum. This time I am running ATF+4 which is full synthetic but other than that I don't know what to do to stop this from happening again. With as little as I drive this thing I can't understand why I had a problem.

Oh, another thing I found was one of the bolts for the ARB that holds it together came out. It is marked up a bit so this could have caused the RG break but there are no marks on the RG so....

B

Well, I haven't broke my 242 yet, but I know who to call when I do :D

I'm burning some DVDs now, anyone not going to the other winterfest PM me your info and I'll send you one.

Anyone besides Brian need me to bring theirs to the other winterfest?

I'll take one good beer for each DVD. :D

Sent to Bob and Macgyver today in my last two mailers. Don't know if I'll have time to get more and send them out before I get back from Hawaii, so if those that do get them can copy and send to others, that's fine with me.

:cheers:

lesslimited said:
I'll take one good beer for each DVD. :D

Sent to Bob and Macgyver today in my last two mailers. Don't know if I'll have time to get more and send them out before I get back from Hawaii, so if those that do get them can copy and send to others, that's fine with me.

:cheers:

hope you like budweiser

nah, seriously, i'll buy you something of your choice...but it will probably be at atticafest next year...at one of the fine attica bars...lol

mac 'have fun in hawaii' gyvr

Back