• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone try those GoPro cameras????

I used them on my motorcycle when I lived in GA they have good HD ones out now they aren't bad If you got the cash and want something small, pretty durrable too!

My friend Swamprat has a set and he loves it!

Ours sucks....they replaced it with a new one, and it sucks too. On the race car, it will record for around 5 minutes, and just shut off. Did I say ours sucks??

I've got one, and I like it alot. I take it snowboarding a bunch, and once I even strapped it to my rocker guards to watch the front axle flex while going over obstacles in Moab. If you do get one though, get an HD one. The normal ones are good, but the HD version is a world above the normal ones.

Here's a sample video if you want to check it out (I have the non-HD version)

http://vimeo.com/9876218

Ours sucks....they replaced it with a new one, and it sucks too. On the race car, it will record for around 5 minutes, and just shut off. Did I say ours sucks??

I run a the GP H.D and use a 32g card. I can record 4.5 hours in Full HD or about 10 hours in 720dvd quality. I have the entire Parker 425 recorded. I am not sure how yours is wired but I used a BlackBerry miniUSB 12v charger hard wired into the camera. I will be able to record both days of the BlueWater with no problem. If you use the HD model, make you update the firmware so you have the one button power and record option.

I do not own one, but have used them. They are great. Costco has them for a decent price.

Yea i was looking at the HD ones but i think im going for the standard motorcross one... i will have to check out costco, my cousin works there and gets a good discount.. thank you

My GoPro HD is great, used it for snowboarding and on friend's drift cars for the past year. Been meaning to mount it on my fire dept helmet too, which I should have done cause we've been busy with a bunch of things recently.

If you use the HD model, make you update the firmware so you have the one button power and record option.

Very cool, thanks for the heads up

Dont bother with the SD ones. I trashed my last SD one at an ultra4 race and havent missed it. I run 3-4 HD gopros per event and they are a great unit to film with

I dig my GoPro HD....took it scuba diving last week and jumped off 40ft cliffs with it at Lake Powell last month.

The latest firmware allows for live output to a monitor while filming and lets you mount the camera inverted too. http://www.goprocamera.com/support/hdheroupdate.php

I bought the motorsports package and also the rollbar and tripod mounts. Wish there was a remote control so one could start and stop filming without touching the camera, making editing less time consuming.

XJEEPER, I have a contact at GoPro. I had to talk with him about something else, but mentioned the remote control feature.

Their cameras, unlike their competitors, have a "piggyback" port on the back of the cameras. They are set to release an extended battery and LCD screen in the next couple months.

I previously recommended a GPS module. I mentioned that I saw a request for a remote control as well. He says almost everyone in the company is in to some type of racing or extreme sport, so they are well aware of the desire for a remote control to control the cameras.

XJEEPER, I have a contact at GoPro. I had to talk with him about something else, but mentioned the remote control feature.

Their cameras, unlike their competitors, have a "piggyback" port on the back of the cameras. They are set to release an extended battery and LCD screen in the next couple months.

I previously recommended a GPS module. I mentioned that I saw a request for a remote control as well. He says almost everyone in the company is in to some type of racing or extreme sport, so they are well aware of the desire for a remote control to control the cameras.

Great to know.....hope that "couple of months" doesn't equal another 12. I've heard "coming soon" for a year on the LCD piggyback.

Wireless remote would be awesome but even a wired remote button would be cool, with a small LED on it that flashed when the camera was on.

He actually mentioned both wired and wireless remotes. Not sure if that means both will come out, but he did say they tested both.

He said the battery should be by this holiday season and lcd early next year.

Back