• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone in Springfield IL area???

cruizer8525

NAXJA Forum User

I finally just finished lifting my xj 3.5" and bolted up ny Ltb's. I don't know any one in my area that's into jeeps or off-roading at all. Thought I would test the waters and meet some jeepers. I'm also heading to RORP the 24th, or 25th, or both.

Maybe I'll see you there the 25th, be in a red TrailBlazer towing in a red MJ. Can't miss the MJ, 6" of lift and a rusty fender and hood.

Check out www.sija.org/forums as we have several members from the Springfield area. I'm down closer to St. Louis but have family in Springfield and get up there all the time. Originally from Nokomis if you've heard of it.

I work in Springfield and live just north of Petersburg. I have a few trails just a couple miles from my house that What Rd and I play on. What Rd and I are also members of Two Rivers.
I didn't make the Rockport run this time, but hopefully you met What Rd over there.

I might have to hook up with you some time trl wgn.... I only wheeled the 24th in rockport and met up with bob and Scott (flexjay87) it was a great time for my first time out. I'll check out the sija.org site for more folks to wheel with.

85chief... you wheel much? I'm looking for somone close to hit the trails with. I liked Rockport a lot, it's close and a great place to play. I saw mainly the back 40 though since it'll be closed soon. Thanks a lot guys

:wave: Sorry I missed ya - I didn't make it to Rockport until Sunday. I'm in Athens and work in Springfield.
We must wheel!

im from Waverly, its about 35 minutes from Springfield. i have 2 cherokees, ones for sale and another is a "project". but i can finally wheel now cause i just got this CJ7. dont get me wrong- i love my cherokee, but this CJ is pretty awsome. during the week a get off at 4pm so i could be able to wheel during the week if anyone wanted to. but yea if anyone around the area wants to get together and wheel or if anyone had some private trails and dont mind wheeling with a CJ7 just look me up. my e-mail is [email protected] , well get in touch if any of you want to go offroading.

thanks, jeep_87_cherokee

Virden here, got your PM though. We all should meet up or something and cookout. We can do it at my place, if anyone is interested maybe we can make some plans?

hell yeah. If anyone wants to organize one, im always down. We have plenty of room here. Drink some beverages and cook some burgers or somethin?

woody431 said:
Virden here, got your PM though. We all should meet up or something and cookout. We can do it at my place, if anyone is interested maybe we can make some plans?

HEY woody431, yea since we havent had the honor of tearing the shit out of my cj7 - that would be a GREAT idea, and i wouldnt have to waste $50 in gas to get there !!! hell, im up for a cookout and a campfire. we need to make arrangements for an "ILLINI-FEST" or something. do u have a good line up of trails in the virden area ??? i think someone needs to assemble a roster of events and who/when/where activities are gonna happen. but yea great idea Marc. well if you get any free time call me so we can see whats happening. im deffinately willing to help organize a local 4wheel trip.

take care, jeep_87_cherokee

I would be up for a cook out and some wheeling. I doubt I'll have the XJ ready to go (4wd is screwed up) but if someone doesn't mind I could jump in with them.

Let us know Woody

Well, my XJ isnt driveable, I just want to get together and talk Jeeps and just shoot the shit. We can have a fire and just sit around and do whatever. The trails we were running are all grown over and need quite a bit of work anymore, we're taking a backhoe out and a shit ton of big rocks, we just have to wait til it cools down and I have time off work. If its ok to just have a cookout and a fire or whatever, we can make some plans and get it goin from there.

Back