• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody in here a sparky?

TheWarWagon

NAXJA Forum User
Well, for a couple years now- I've been tossing around the idea of becoming a union electrician. Seeing as how I've recently joined the 'couch at noon' club, I figured I'd look into it further. Anyone in here with the IBEW?

Got a freind that works for a fairly decent sized electrical company...135 employees.

70 got canned this week.

Well unless I have a job, I'm never gonna get Progressive Flo in bed....

Flo_from_Progressive.jpg

im in local 132. i think its gas, water and electric union

im in local 177 in jacksonville fl either the best thing or dumbest thing i ever did . steady work and good retirement/benifits , definitely go w/ the union side.

ive been trying to get into the sprinklerfitters union for over a year. i got in on the last hire...but there just isnt much new construction going on in this area anymore :dunno:

i think if your lookin ta make some money in this economy, be a repo man, they got all the work they can handle right now, know a guy up the street making bout 1000 a week take home, not bad for 5 hours a work a night...
:dunno:

Go find a Nuclear Power Plant and fill out an application.
IBEW workers get paid twice as much as on the "outside", and we can't find people !!
Everyone things the Nuclear industry is dead, so retirees aren't getting replaced.
You may have to start out as a "nuclear worker" first.
Some plants are not unionized.
Good Luck.
p.s. I quit the IBEW in Philadelphia to become an Electrical Engineer, now I make less money then the electricians :-(

Back