• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

any one listen to metal?

Kejtar said:
Ummm I think we misunderstood each other. I was saying that there are some great renditions of the great classical pieces by metal, rock and punk bands. Those include anything from Bethoven's Fifth all the way up through Theme from the Pink Panther :D

To use one of those awful 90's cliche's; I think we're "on the same page" ;)

So you would like Hendix version of "The Star Spangled Banner"? Sure, not quite "Classical", but then, not exactly what the writer put on paper. Much more attitude!

Idiot Wind said:
there also was an excellent one out of Chicago that only came on 9pm thru 1 or 2am, WVVX I believe. I used to sit up late nights to listen to that. I think they stopped in '88 or so.

I grew up on the old school, Priest, Maiden, Queensryche et al, got away from metal for a decade or so however Opeth rekindled my love for the genre. Truly incredible.

Interesting. I never knew the call sign, just the Music :)
Here's an interesting link I found using the call sign:
http://www.mirageport.com/metal/tribute.html

Zuki-Ron said:
To use one of those awful 90's cliche's; I think we're "on the same page" ;)

So you would like Hendix version of "The Star Spangled Banner"? Sure, not quite "Classical", but then, not exactly what the writer put on paper. Much more attitude!
Yup, Hendrix's Star Spangled Banner is definately up there. Metallica playing the Imperial March, Steve Vai playing Bethoven's Fifth, Vanessa May's Tocatta on electrical violin, Slash's Godfather theme, Gary Hoey's Bethoven's Fifth, Stevie Ray Vaughns guitar duel solo from the movie Crossroads. Well, I could go on :D

Kejtar said:
Yup, Hendrix's Star Spangled Banner is definately up there. Metallica playing the Imperial March, Steve Vai playing Bethoven's Fifth, Vanessa May's Tocatta on electrical violin, Slash's Godfather theme, Gary Hoey's Bethoven's Fifth, Stevie Ray Vaughns guitar duel solo from the movie Crossroads. Well, I could go on :D

I've heard a couple of those peices, good stuff :)

i fell asleep at summer sanitarium when mudvane was playing.

Kejtar said:
Stevie Ray Vaughns guitar duel solo from the movie Crossroads.

Remi, you are the 10 millionth person to get at least some part of the guitar credits wrong on that flick. :D

--ron

PS: It was Ry Cooder.

Captain Ron said:
Remi, you are the 10 millionth person to get at least some part of the guitar credits wrong on that flick. :D

--ron

PS: It was Ry Cooder.
Actually yes and no: I mixed up the names of Stevie Ray Vaughn and Steve Vai (as always). In any case it was Steve Vai that did most of the playing in the duel while Ry Coder played some of the parts that were played by the blues player (and from what I remember not all, but then again it's been a while since I've seen itl).

Kejtar said:
Actually yes and no: I mixed up the names of Stevie Ray Vaughn and Steve Vai (as always). In any case it was Steve Vai that did most of the playing in the duel while Ry Coder played some of the parts that were played by the blues player (and from what I remember not all, but then again it's been a while since I've seen itl).

Somewhat wrong again.

All of the slide work was done by Ry.

Steve did his own parts. (They were also speeded up just slightly to reflect an amount of "anxiety")

The classical infused replies were done by (here's your chance...)?

--ron

PS: Steve's a noodler. :D

Starscream918 said:
... man, was it that bad?
they sucked, metallica was awesome. linkin park and limp biscuit put on a good show too. but i got 20 minutes of sleep the night before then drove 4 hours to go see them. and mudvane sucked btw, it might have been the pot that was being passed around too :D

Ramsey said:
they sucked, metallica was awesome. linkin park and limp biscuit put on a good show too. but i got 20 minutes of sleep the night before then drove 4 hours to go see them. and mudvane sucked btw, it might have been the pot that was being passed around too :D
Ya, I wanted to say something to the effect of "Well, ya, weed'll make you wanna sleep" but I didn't know if I'd offend anyone. :D

Starscream918 said:
Ya, I wanted to say something to the effect of "Well, ya, weed'll make you wanna sleep" but I didn't know if I'd offend anyone. :D

LOL I went to Ziggy's in NC. and seen Nevermore and Into Eternity... no need to smoke it, just breathe.....

ECKSJAY said:
Hit neutral in the tail of a comet.
Let the vortex pull my weight.
Push the seat back a little lower.
Watch light bend in the blower.
I didn' thtink anyone was going to respond to that one.
HE KNOW'S WHO'S DRIVING!

Kejtar said:
Wow Remi!!

I had you pegged as a polka man.

logdog said:
Wow Remi!!

I had you pegged as a polka man.
LOL, nope, can't really stand the stuff. Also most people don't realize but polka is actually belongs to my southern neighboars: the czech's. I guess the name throws most people off.

Kejtar said:
LOL, nope, can't really stand the stuff. Also most people don't realize but polka is actually belongs to my southern neighboars: the czech's. I guess the name throws most people off.
Nope! It's the accent..... and the beard.

Back