• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any LEOs here?

Indianapolis has a surprisingly high rate of Hispanics considering how far away from the border it is.

About a third of the NW district of Indy is over 80% Hispanic. Im sure it is not as high as Phoenix (was I right?) or where ever you live, but surprising none the less.

My family member that I did a ride along with was a Sargent, so he covered a whole district. We went around to all the major crime scenes and checked out 3 separate shootings. That is about what I was expecting for a metro area of this size and the fact that he was working the night shift.

Who said anything about Hispanics? :)

Ya, Phx. The 602. Wess Side. Maryvale to be specific.

I used to live in Tucson. Hated Phoenix simply cuz it's so dang HUGE!! Whenever I'd drive back to Tucson from out here, hitting Phoenix was like hitting TX on a cross country drive...:D Takes some 30-45 minutes to cross it even when the 10 is flowing smoothly!

I would go back to Law Enforcement in a heartbeat if it wasn't for all the political BS. Then again I live in a fairly small city (about 100k).

I used to live in Tucson. Hated Phoenix simply cuz it's so dang HUGE!! Whenever I'd drive back to Tucson from out here, hitting Phoenix was like hitting TX on a cross country drive...:D Takes some 30-45 minutes to cross it even when the 10 is flowing smoothly!

My beat is the size of the town I grew up in, in the Midwest. My beat, not squad or precinct area. Phoenix is huge, I've often told my partner that our precinct feels like its own department sometimes. That said, with its size comes many opportunities to advance, expand, and find that niche of work that you're really good at and can concentrate on.

I'd do it again, When I finally retire I'll be going for a second career in Law enforcement.

Yes, get the degree or military time will help you out. But get the degree for sure. Try em both. I'm done with my 3 associates working on the bachelors. Maybe I should have just worked on one degree at a time? LOL

I am a correctional Officer and am LEO certified. My Brother is also an LEO for city. I also run with the Fire Department.
Police - Fun
Fire - FUN AS HELL!!!!
you choose.

None of you have answered if you would do it again if you could choose.

You?! A Cop?! :roflmao: :D I'm Sure MacGyver will chime in!

Hahah hey now. I am, like most of you, much different on the internet than I am in real life.
:twak:
No, I'm bout the same. I see no need to ham it up online so that people will be bored when they meet me. I'd rather bore you now so you know what to expect! :D

CherBear will be fine as a cop, he'll be talking to the people with AEs instead of creating them :D

You'll be surprised how many people you'll run into on the street with schizophrenia/imaginary friends/AEs...

No, I'm bout the same. I see no need to ham it up online so that people will be bored when they meet me. I'd rather bore you now so you know what to expect! :D

Haha well at least you are honest.

Id say I am much more extroverted online than in real life. Typing out what I want to say makes writing long posts easier.

...as some of you may know :loveu:

Haha well at least you are honest.

Id say I am much more extroverted online than in real life. Typing out what I want to say makes writing long posts easier.

...as some of you may know :loveu:

Just be careful what you put out there on a public forum. Background investigators are now looking at Myspace, Facebook, and whatever other type of online stuff you are a part of as part of the interview process. I've even heard of Defense Attorneys using it against an officer's credibility.

Just be careful what you put out there on a public forum. Background investigators are now looking at Myspace, Facebook, and whatever other type of online stuff you are a part of as part of the interview process. I've even heard of Defense Attorneys using it against an officer's credibility.

Reeeally? Well I dont have any pics on Facebook of me snorting crack off the blade of knife or anything else like this.

Hahah hey now. I am, like most of you, much different on the internet than I am in real life.
:twak:

Not here. I don't do ePersona BS.

What happens on the lakebed stays on the lakebed. :gee:

O Lord, those people are both idiots... They deserve what they got.
picard-facepalm2.jpg

...No, one did one didn't. Did you even read the stories?

Got what they deserved? Oh you must mean the criminal got what he deserved. Released from prison even though he stole a motorcycle, evaded police and should of gotten felony possession of a firearm. You're right Cons usually do great things with weapons he should of let him go in the first place.

The point that story is trying to relay to you is that making a joke on facebook can get the criminal let go as-well as you suspended.

...No, one did one didn't. Did you even read the stories?

Got what they deserved? Oh you must mean the criminal got what he deserved. Released from prison even though he stole a motorcycle, evaded police and should of gotten felony possession of a firearm. You're right Cons usually do great things with weapons he should of let him go in the first place.

The point that story is trying to relay to you is that making a joke on facebook can get the criminal let go as-well as you suspended.

That is not at all what I meant. Of course I don't want the cons to get released. I was referring to the cops who had the stupidity to post things like this on the internet.

The first story I felt was a pretty crappy defense and IMHO shouldnt have got him off the hook. But if you are a cop you cant be posting things like that for everyone to see.

The second story was full of even more idiocy. The guy points a gun at some one, not to mention he is a cop. Then posts it on the web.

Both of those people wouldn't be in this mess if they had been more careful on what they posted.

Back