• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any folks live in the Finger Lakes region in NY?

SNB

NAXJA Forum User
Just moved from Madison, WI to Ithaca, NY and trying to find some Jeep folks who live around here. I have a '99 XJ, ~6" lift, 33s, etc. -SNB

Hey, I live in the Syracuse area, I know there is a pretty big club with a lot of guys from New Venture/Process in it. The club name is Twisted Axles. I'm like 2 hours from Finger lakes, but also, like 20 minutes from Martinsburg, home of one of the NYS jeep jamborees. My buddy has rigged out scramblers and all, get back to me, maybe we could hook up a thanksgiving run of their trails.

SNB said:
Just moved from Madison, WI to Ithaca, NY and trying to find some Jeep folks who live around here. I have a '99 XJ, ~6" lift, 33s, etc. -SNB

Kind of an old post but...

I live in Cortland, work in Ithaca. Is your XJ white with a roof rack, and do you drive through the Cornell campus?

I'll chime in too..... syracuse here..... lots of places to wheel up this way.... if you have a topo map check out Morgan Hill (mapquest morgan hill rd. or Shackham Rd.).... you can run the power lines up there legally, that's the only place the ranger let's us play, but its a long muddy trail, and worth checking out. There was about 2 feet of snow last weekend 3-26-05, but with this nice sun it should melt soon. I'm gonna try and get up there again this weekend to measure the snow. It's an easy shot up 81N, to tully, rte. 80 to Morgan hill rd.

Yeah, I wonder what things look like on Morgan Hill with all the run-off/flooding we've been having. Probably more fun! :laugh3:

If anyone wants to test out their snorkels, take a ride on Rte. 81 to Marathon...I think Main St. is still under 2-3 feet of water.

Yeah I bet the powerline trail is a total mess, I'll let ya know if I end up getting up there this weekend. I gotta replace the rear outter axle seal, so the DEC doesn't chase me down for a haz mat recovery. Marathon was a mess on Saturday for the maple fest, so I bet most of the roads near the river are real bad. I bet the stream crossing at Morgan Hill is un passible with the amount of rain we've been getting. I can't wait!!!!!! I bet we can expect a few down trees as well...

Silver Sport said:
I live in Corning, about 45 minutes from Ithaca( I drive fast) I have a silver 2000 XJ with no mods but would like some!

Good deal...I live in Cortland and work in Ithaca, so we're pretty close.

As far as mods, you'd be suprised to see what one could do without any (although I learned that a set of rock rails wouldn't hurt). :doh:

As a matter of fact I work at a winery. Yes there are lots of trails around here mostly private land but there are alot of seasonal roads that during the right time of year are alot of fun and nearly inpassible even with a well built rig.

theschwarz1 said:
I have only been to the seneca lake wineries..looking to explore others though

There's supposed to be a few good wineries on Cayuga Lake too...Kings Ferry Winery??? seems to ring a bell.

buffalo.

I use to live in rochester. I hit the winerys at least once a year, I know Heron Hill! My wifes supervisor lives in Hammondsport. My bro-in-law went to Ithaca. Ive been all over the place in that area.

Ive wheeled with SCORE (salt city off road enthusiests) out of syracuse.

We have a web based club gaining steam here www.nickelcityjeepers.com , I also wheel with Eriejeeppeople out of erie pa.

Back