• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any experienced lifters willing to help lift 2" in Raleigh?

Well FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-

Here is what I found today when I pulled the carpet.

Drivers side looked corroded as hell... Passenger side, :bawl:

Rs4CZ.jpg

Mk3W0.jpg

dOQoC.jpg

q5nLq.jpg

Anybody know a good welder? :helpme:

dOQoC.jpg

q5nLq.jpg

Anybody know a good welder? :helpme:
That doesn't look so good. That's why I hated to scrap my first XJ. I got it from TN, never offroad, and when we took it apart it was so clean under the carpets you could have eaten off of it..... :rattle:
If the tree hadn't fallen on it, I'd still be wheeling that bad boy.

Doesn't look good, but doesn't look like a write off....yet lol.

Thanks for the support. Yeah, before I even bought my Heep I went through the floorpan threads. Before I ever pulled the seats I knew I was going to seal it and bedline it. I was pleasantly surprised after I looked under the drivers front... and brought back to reality when I pulled the rest. I can't wait to pull the rear carpet.

From my understanding, nothing is a write-off if you know a welder, haha.

Yup, passenger side over the exhaust.

Right you were man. Right you were.

One thing that did surprise me, is that the shifter looks like it came off the Queen Anne's Revenge. Seat brackets are the same way. I'd change my forum name to rusty if that weren't my father-in-law's name.
:explosion

Sorry I'm late to the party, I haven't been checking the forum lately with midterms and all, but I live right down the street, so you guys can count me in.

It seems that tools and location aren't wanting, but an extra hand shouldn't hurt, and some local XJ companionship would be nice.

I think we're doing beers Friday night, so first round on me. We'll get this lift project started off right.

Shaping up to be a good weekend! Hopefully the weather plays nice for Saturday.

I'm leaving straight from work at 5:30...should put me in the area around 8:30-9 depending on traffic.

Yeah when I looked this morning they're calling for rain here on Saturday but no rain up there....keeping my fingers crossed!

If the weather is bad we can go home to my buddies garage. The air compressor isn't as good and we won't have quite the same tool selection but still plenty adequate. That garage is no stranger to jeep work.

I'll be in my heated shop on Saturday working on lowering the rear. ;)

Sorry I'm late to the party, I haven't been checking the forum lately with midterms and all, but I live right down the street, so you guys can count me in.

It seems that tools and location aren't wanting, but an extra hand shouldn't hurt, and some local XJ companionship would be nice.

I think we're doing beers Friday night, so first round on me. We'll get this lift project started off right.

Sweet. Guess I better get it running! :doh: Temporarily at least, until I get your guys opinions on cable upgrades such as those offered by 5-90. My PO-installed battery clamp fell off in my hand when I disconned the battery to pull the interior.

Shaping up to be a good weekend! Hopefully the weather plays nice for Saturday.

I'm leaving straight from work at 5:30...should put me in the area around 8:30-9 depending on traffic.

Cool man, I'm glad you confirmed you could make it. I can get another set of eyes on my rust "situation".

If the weather is bad we can go home to my buddies garage. The air compressor isn't as good and we won't have quite the same tool selection but still plenty adequate. That garage is no stranger to jeep work.

Heh, nice. It never occurred to me that we might have a compressor at your place. Wooo... I've been spinning ratchets for so long I forgot these existed!

5-90 cables rock and fit perfect. I have them on my XJ.

Cool man, I'm glad you confirmed you could make it. I can get another set of eyes on my rust "situation".

Yeah the family came to town last weekend, so my sister got a nice little lecture from me in person about how she's murdering the engine in her car. She knows what she has to do which frees up some time for me! Plus, it's a great excuse to see some good people and meet a new XJ addict!

Yeah the family came to town last weekend, so my sister got a nice little lecture from me in person about how she's murdering the engine in her car. She knows what she has to do which frees up some time for me! Plus, it's a great excuse to see some good people and meet a new XJ addict!

Don't lie it's the Friday night beers you are coming up for.

Back