• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another MJ build thread ...

I figured it was just a matter of time...

Got a killer deal . Just a ton of time to part a rig, deal with pnp, and sell stuff off it.

Is it that white 2-door from ncjcc?

Yeap .

Got back from Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly weekend today and did some work on the rig afterward.

Got these cool little fuse box things on amazon , they are for Hella lights, maybe 6$ a pop. trying to clean up the wiring. took some speed clips and just slapped it on top of the renix relay box pass side for now.

ran a relay for the light bar too. Also fused the lightbar in the new fuse box, the CB, and also fused the switch wires for the relays.

slapped a radio in real quick too.

switch from Pat

Also had the ac recharged with R12. I now have working AC in the thing.

How'd you find someone to fill it with r12?

How'd you find someone to fill it with r12?

guy I've been using off craigslist. he will come to my house and and do a full vacuum and drain it and refill for cheap. He has a $10K machine in the back of his van and he does mobile work.

He did the MJ for 80$ since I use him for all the cars and I had him recharge my honda accord the same day- but its normally like 180$ or more for R12.

This is gonna be a sweet expo / moderate wheeler. Added a volvo overflow cap

Wired the sensor for the new 10 blade fan to a switch.

Brand new fan shroud

Cool part- switch on left was a block off plate. Grabbed a switch from the part out rig and used that for the fan so it looks factory

did some minor work on this thing tonight in case I need to take it to sierra fest. I fixed the switch I wired for the fan so I can turn it off when needed. since the switch died.

I installed the bored out throttle body from my old XJ, with a brand new TPS. seems to run way better.

and I installed a PS cooler since the locker seems to kill the PS after a couple hours of wheeling...

next in line is the ball joints , UCA bushings, tranny cooler, and inner axle seals. And thats mostly it.

im not sure if ill bother with a tranny cooler. it has a factory aux tranny cooler in front. at least that buys me time.

Did a lot on it this week too.
Also added a dual USB port to the dash.
If the atlas doesn't come I'll be taking this down

MJ is idling like crap but drives good above idle.
swapped the CPS, the TPS, calibrated the TPS, swapped the FOR and injectors, checked for vacuum leaks. cleaned electrical connections.

no change.

Ill try checking compression and fuel pressure and swap the IAC out. I will also check out more connections and grounds as well. And that c101 thing too.

it actually died on the road while driving today. but was fine after that .

I might grab a fuel pump and swap it. whats a good brand on those? Bosch? they look like 98$ at napa. not too bad. might be worth swapping.
I will drive it around more tomorrow. heading out to the devil makes three show- good blue grass.

Last edited:
I dont think you can go wrong with bosch. Fuel filter could be clogged, or the sucking mat in the tank. Youll find out when you pull the tank to do the pump.

Is there any way to flush the fuel lines?

Love the devil makes three

I put a new fuel filter days before I drove it up to you. So that should be okay I'd think.. maybe try to scrub out the c101 and refresh some other electric connections ?

Map sensor? Vacuum line to the map? Check/possibly bypass the fuel pump ballast resistor.

Back