• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another MJ build thread ...

Dang this beast is looking sick!! Where did you get all your steel for and for how much per square tube (if you still remember)? I want to build a set of rock sliders myself as well, but I have no idea what a good price is on steel :(

Thanks!

Del Paso Steel. North Sacramento.

44$ for 20 ft of .120 wall 2"x2"

72$ for 20 ft of .120 2"x4"

33$ for 20 ft of .120 1"x2"

LCA skids from leaf plates cut in half:

made some 3" rear bump stop extensions:

installed 95 dakota rear brake line

lack of time so light bar is hard wired to the battery with a inline fuse- just pop the hood and install fuse for lights. I will be wiring up a relay and a good switch into the cab but I've been so busy this is good enough for one run

65$ shipped on amazon for a new uniden CB and a old school k40 magnetic antenna. I will be upgrading to a decent antenna soon enough but this will work interim.

installed a 10 blade fan real quick:

54" smittybuilt hi lift for 60$ shipped on amazon

my old tractor hi lift had a good run of about 13 years and its just fubar now. the "track" bent to hell and the latching mechanism is done, so it will make a nice garden ornament of some kind.

You come up with some nifty ideas. I like the lca skid!

Thing looks sexy . Dropped off those switches tonight too so should be there in time.

thanks dude ! I appreciate the switches. Used a piece of scrap 2x4 tube and some scrap 1x2 and cut the 2x4 in half long ways and notched it with the plasma to make the rear bump stop extensions for free

Finally. Glad you got a true high lift. Using your farm jack to lower Josh's rig to the ground was super scary with it.

Yeah i hated that farm hi lift it didnt work right and was dangerous

Lmao gordon!

Very important mod

And some new tom woods gold joints for the rear DS

Screwed a couple of these cheap cupholders in the cab

Last edited:
Looks good Jon and as always you do a great job of improvising.

For the MJ :

So I picked up one of these- they say they are 12W- 4 -3w LEDs inside

the factory MJ cargo light uses 2 - 12W bulbs, the 561s, so technically, could I install the 12W LED bar thing in place of the 2 12W bulbs in the back, and not only not have to worry about too much power going through the wire thats already there, but it will in fact, be less power going through for way more light?

these were in there:
http://www.amazon.com/561-Xenon-Festoon-Light-Rigid/dp/B007XKZBUY

so if its true that I wouldnt have to worry since 12w <24W, I guess I could also run one of these and put the 12W one on the back of the XJ?

Ok awesome . Thats what i figured .

So the MJ will now have a SOA and 4.88s and selectables front and rear. More to come. Picked up a killer rig to part out.

Back