• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alternator Relocation kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoparManiac

NAXJA Forum User
Since we all tend to destroy our alternators relatively quickly if there's any water/mud out on the trail.

Wonder if someone could make a bracket to retrofit the alternator where the AC compressor is, and then put the AC compressor on the bottom? I know there have been threads on this before that involve the older 4-cyl engine brackets I believe.

Not sure if lines or anything would have to be extended to the compressor, but keeping the AC operational would be a plus.

Just a thought, anyone else want to hop on board with some ideas or experience?

no experience here, or ideas, but this would be a mighty fine thing to have.

expecially since i have a custom hand wound alternator and i loooooove me some mud :D

BFH.....
if you get mud in the alternator.
keep the engine running and smack the bottom of the alternator,
until you see the mud shoot out.
your voltage should then go up.
It may take several smacks.
but, I've done it and seen it done.

hth

BOB

im not worried about mud dropping the voltage temporarily, im worried about the mud getting into the bearings and ruining them. ive got a hand wound stinger electronics alternator that puts out 190 amps at 500rpm. not something i want to pay to replace any time soon :D

Hey do you have a picture or digital copy of its bench test? That sounds sweet I am kinda interested in how it preforms.
And here is a link on the relocation I thought I had more : http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51148

If you do a search it may yeild more options

Aww crap I thought this was another mod thread. It would be awesome for someone to sell a kit for this as parts are limited around these... parts. I remember one of the koolest things that I put on my VW in High School was an adapter for the oil cooler that used a motorcycle filter. I loved the thing. Its always kool when ppl make things to replace stack parts that are more functional than the original parts.

Last edited:
wasnt there a write up or a post aout the grand cherokee that you could swap over to move the alt.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back