• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alright, NAXJA, here's $800, help me out

Mopar It said:
do you think the rc control arms could hold up to a 1-2" spacer?
I think RE can easily use a 1" spacer. Not sure about the shackles though.
Buy the RE kit. Remember the old addage "You get what you pay for" RE is the very best IMHO.

when i first got my jeep i put a 4.5" rough country lift on it. figured i wouldnt be need anything else, it was less expensive, etc...
rough country makes some quality products but in no way were they designed to take the abuse of any "hard core" wheeling. the only thing i have left from the rough country 4.5" kit are the front coil springs which need to be replaced soon because they are sagging. i also beat the living hell out of every suspension part that was ever on my jeep...
IMO if you want to go the "hard core" route without swapping in new axles etc... rough country is NOT the way to go. But if you just wanna hit up a couple mild trails with your buddys or whatever it would be perfect. just my thoughts on that...
-Shomsky

no lifts are really better or worse than any others... its all about what you wanna do with it...

someone on here once said: you can only choose 2: Big, Reliable, Cheap

Hey guys, just joined up. I have an 86 XJ and was also looking at the 4.5" Rough Country lift and wanted to say thanks for all the comments on it-deffinalty gonna order that.
With a 4.5" lift will I be able to run 32" with out any trimming?
thanks

Yes you will be able to run 32's with the RC 4.5" kit with out trimming your fenders.
Ask for Jason he will set you up with the new kit which comes with everything. Price shipped to your door will be around $790.00

Thanks-I was looking at the add a leaf pack first and it says they come with brake extender brackets-would I need longer brake lines with the adda leaf kit?

You are still moving the axle further away from the body and the brake lines could be too short. If you don't get brake lines with the kit, just get some for a YJ they will work just fine.

your first purchase should be a membership to NAXJA

I didn't mean to join to get a discount, I meant join to support a good cause.

I am also on board with the RC lift. I ordered one last week: Jason was willing to answer all questions - great customer service. I got a 3" Kit w/leaf pack, coils, shocks, ubolts and lca. Got it the next day!!! $550 delivered :laugh3:

The new 4.5" kit just came on the ups truck today. 2 days and its all here. I am going to install Sat. will post pics and give report after this weekend. Will most likely only get to go for highway ride, but may get to go wheeling on Tuesday. Tires and wheels will be here tomorrow. 33x10.50 on rock crawlers 15x8
Cant wait.

Have you considered doing a "bastard pack" for the rear leaves. They actually work and flex quite well. Spend money on a good front suspension.
You could easily level it out to your desired height by mix-n-match on the rear leaves.

dunno about the rest of you, but as far as im concerned, customer service is FAR, FAR, FAR less important then the quality of the product....

everytime this stupid ass topic comes up, people ask about RE, and then they see the prices of rustys and crap country, and suddenly, they dont care about quality anymore....

seriously, do some searching
why would you put your life at risk by driving a rustys trackbar?
i cant wait to tell your greiving mamma i told you so....

go find a rustys or crap country part on a jeepspeed rig, i dare ya\
there is no other measurement of quality needed...
enjoy your junk that you got raped on shipping on

....btw, dunno why im adding this, but if you order your re parts thru a 3rd party, like northridge4x4 or countless other vendors, you will get a better price,and free shipping. At least the oem trackbar wont kill you

if you got that much money, do 1 just like jeep speed.. If not do what you can afford.. I'm not rich so i went with rough country, i'm very happy with this lift..

Back