• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Almost: A Jeep /AMC "El Camino"?

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
I hadn't seen these photos before of these concepts.

The Hornet and Gremlin "Cowboy".....

cowboy.jpg

1971_AMC_Hornet_Cowboy.jpg

gremlin%20Cowboy.gif

I think both look good. The Gremlin based truck looks way better than the gremlin did:puke:

The Hornet version looks 10 times better than the Ranchero/El-Camino did.

They should have done something like this with the XJ, a small truck based on it would be awesome.

those are totally jeep j10/j20 taillights and side markers

I'm kinda surprised they reused their own parts, instead of someone else's :laugh2:

I found a Ford e-carb ECU under the dash of an 87 YJ and everyone knows they used a million GM parts too.

If only they had reused someone else's taillights for the J trucks and MJs, maybe they'd be easier to find now.

I guess im too young to appreciate these, but the ones posted up top are ugly as sin...

The cherokar.... is downright vomit inducing.

^"cherocar"

I guess im too young to appreciate these, but the ones posted up top are ugly as sin...

The cherokar.... is downright vomit inducing.

I've actually seen this one in person, I think back in '90 or '91 at The Chicago Auto Show.....it looked much better "in he flesh" than it does in that artwork (kinda distorts it for what ever reason) and way better than that Nissan Murano Convertable........thing:puke:

Back