• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All Things Guns

I only have an AK chambered in that caliber, which is right with the world.

Isn't 300 blackout a more popular and better AR option for a .30 cal bullet?

Better for sure because of it's subsonic capability. 300 Blackout is also about $1 a round and x39 is about 32 cents a round. They also have about the same ballistics. I was just hoping to get a .30 cal round that's more affordable to shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have an AR chambered in 7.62x39? If so how well is it performing?

my brother in law has one.

you can only fit 20 rds in the stanag magazine.
special lowers to take special mags are special expensive.

if I wanted cheap ammo in a better than average ak I'd buy a vepr.
the AR in x39 isn't going to be more accurate if all you feed it is .25 steel cased tula.

the AR in x39 isn't going to be more accurate if all you feed it is .25 steel cased tula.

Damn it I want a 54R Vepr so bad!!! So expensive. Maybe someday

That was kind of my point. You build a speciality AR with expensive parts to shoot shitty steel cased ammo.

I honestly don't understand why folks need something other than a 5.56. It's not any more expensive than 7.62 and does the same job. A regular AR build in it's traditional caliber is way cheaper than something different.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ks47-base-lower-receiver-7790319.html

Always thought the lowers that took AK mags were cool but I have a AK and a SBR in 300 AAC that I roll my own for so I really don't need it.

and takes a proprietary $600 upper.

like I said, special shit with special prices.

just build a 5.56 AR and feed it shitty wolf steel case. you'll accomplish the same thing but still have the option of shooting decent ammo when you want.
http://www.bulkammo.com/500-rounds-of-223-ammo-by-wolf-55gr-fmj
or buy a garand from the cmp if you really want a .308 sized bullet. Stop pussy footing around with medium power cartridges and go big boy.

More than once I paid the extra $200 for the "no burn when you pee" guarantee, and those bisches lied man, freaking lied through their tooth I tell ya!!

What nate is trying to say is stop being a cheap pussy.

not at all.

just that there are better options to being a cheap ass than spending a ton of money to shoot cheap ammo that sucks.

I love my AK, but steel cased wolf sucks. brass cased yugo shot at double the accuracy of new wolf.

and there's nothing that 5.56 can't do that x39 can at the kinds of ranges you ought to be shooting x39.

so build 5.56 and shoot shitty steel case, or buy a real rifle that shoots real cartridges if you want to go .30 caliber and destroy things.

I'm at work and I can't post pictures from photobucket but right after Trump won the prez I put together an AR in 7.62x39.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/104578/ar-stoner-ar-15-a3-upper-receiver-assembly-762x39mm-16-barrel

This is the AR Stoner upper. I paid $289 for it on sale. 3 Stoner mags, 2 30 and 1 10 rnd.
Anderson stripped lower, dpms lower parts kit. ATSbuffer magpul etc.

I've put 100 rounds of Herters brass and about 400 rounds of Russian steel, golden tiger, brown bear tula, etc. No fte or ftf's. it all 500 rounds.

I used an enhanced firing pin (read longer) and a stronger hammer spring which solves the biggest problem w/steel Russian ammo.

Just under $500

I'm at work and I can't post pictures from photobucket but right after Trump won the prez I put together an AR in 7.62x39.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/104578/ar-stoner-ar-15-a3-upper-receiver-assembly-762x39mm-16-barrel

This is the AR Stoner upper. I paid $289 for it on sale. 3 Stoner mags, 2 30 and 1 10 rnd.
Anderson stripped lower, dpms lower parts kit. ATSbuffer magpul etc.

I've put 100 rounds of Herters brass and about 400 rounds of Russian steel, golden tiger, brown bear tula, etc. No fte or ftf's. it all 500 rounds.

I used an enhanced firing pin (read longer) and a stronger hammer spring which solves the biggest problem w/steel Russian ammo.

Just under $500

What is your group size?

Grouping?

Well, the red dot has no magnification and the open sights and my old eyes it was minute of old fart. :)

At 50 yards I had a 3 inch hole. I'm sure with a good optic I could do better. Even with a 16 inch barrel I'm sure it's more accurate then I can be.

IMG_1126_zpsndvldyv1.jpg

I'll probably take it out again tomorrow and see how it does off a bench.

Last edited:
Looking at selling off my 9mm. Since its registered in my name is there anything i need to do before selling it? I know most will say to keep it but will eventually get something else.

There is no registration in Indiana, just need to know they are a proper person to sell it to them. I would say a hand written receipt with serial number for both you and the buyer.

Just put peanut butter on the end of the barrel and if they don't lick it off, they should be good to go.....

so this last year (since christmas) i've been getting into all things that fire projectiles. i started with a 10/22. Very entry level. fairly priced, cheap to shoot. Love the gun. accurate at 100Yds with a $30 simmons scope from walmart.

next, i was dating this girl whos dumb cousin violated a restraining order and needed money NOW. he also has no firearm permit.
He had a smith & wesson sigma SW40VE. the lawsuit gun. her cousin claimed that it had an issue that prevented it from being stripped down. All things into consideration i offered him a hundo. boom i bought my first pistol, a holster, an extended mag, a standard mag and a handful of ammo. Its a great shot and it fits my large hand. not much to say there.

from there i wanted a big boy, highly accurate rifle. my findings lead me to my remington 700 ADL. chambered in .308. Rumor had it that indiana was opening .308 on public land for deer. hasnt happened yet. so i stuck a 3-9 x 50mm leupold scope on it with remington integral rings (no scope rail to block the breach) and let me tell ya. i got lucky there. i bought butler creek scope caps and it didnt fit well between the barrel and the front optic. shelled out decent coin for the leupold scope cap that threads inside the scope. real thing of beauty there. its got the heavy varmint barrel and drives nails at 200YDS.

my most recent gun, i bought for deer hunting. spur of the moment remington 780 wingmaster 12ga. used. old. very used. came with a 3-9x40 Redfield scope. raced to beat the 10 day return policy. shoots accurate to 100 YDS. love the gun. my boss came into work one day with a 50 cal muzzle loader barrel for it..... im pretty excited to shoot that lol.

so there you have it. my last 9 months of guns.

Back