• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All Things Guns

as I said, have to keep abreast of the ATF ruling.
I was unaware they had reversed themselves, because I don't own an AR and can't be bothered.

just best to stay out of the legal grey areas with the ATF unless you're really going to keep track of what their current stance is on things.

build a 16" rifle and be happy.

You're right. The 4473 changed and now they're just transferred as a receiver. It's up to the owner to follow the pistol or rifle rules.

I don't get the AR pistol thing but to each his own. A pistol is a weapon you use when your rifle is broken.

I don't get the AR pistol thing but to each his own. A pistol is a weapon you use when your rifle is broken.

Well said. As Clint Smith said once, "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down"

However they are great fun at the range. My little 9mm AR is pretty useless outside of making giggles. The Scorpion with the suppressor, I would say that its quite a bit more useful.

I have one of my AR's as a pistol because we can hunt with a Blackout pistol here. If they ever allow us to rifle hunt with an SBR, I'll probably go ahead and get another stamp for it.

I cast 230 grain subs and 160 grain supers with Lee molds. The NOE quality molds are nice, but unless you cast thousands at a time it probably isn't worth the extra cost. If you are just starting casting, or if you have been for awhile and want to learn how to cast better check this site out. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/index.php

I have one of my AR's as a pistol because we can hunt with a Blackout pistol here. If they ever allow us to rifle hunt with an SBR, I'll probably go ahead and get another stamp for it.

I cast 230 grain subs and 160 grain supers with Lee molds. The NOE quality molds are nice, but unless you cast thousands at a time it probably isn't worth the extra cost. If you are just starting casting, or if you have been for awhile and want to learn how to cast better check this site out. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/index.php

I had thought of the same thing for here in MO (since we can hunt with pistols AND suppressors, 300 blk would be an amazing combo for deer pistol season) however I just wonder what kind of crap you would have to deal with trying to convince some energetic game warden that your firearm actually IS a pistol. :dunno:

I just ordered some Lee molds the other day for the blackout and my 10mm, been looking at castboolits a lot lately. Gonna try out the shake n bake powder coat method on them too, so it's looking to be a fun weekend.

I'm not really a gun guy. I don't own any and I don't hunt. However I have a friend who is a Commander on one of the police forces on the Florida Space Coast. He's run the K9 Units, the Frogmen, and the detective unit, and he's a gun guy.

He told me that next time I'm in Florida he'd take me to a gun range to shoot some of his weapons. I figured why not. I was expecting a small handgun or two. This is what he pulled out. We shot them all.

C9B79DCB-8F37-4B78-A105-34C8D2104623_zps0nbnpbqq.jpg

I'm not really a gun guy. I don't own any and I don't hunt. However I have a friend who is a Commander on one of the police forces on the Florida Space Coast. He's run the K9 Units, the Frogmen, and the detective unit, and he's a gun guy.

He told me that next time I'm in Florida he'd take me to a gun range to shoot some of his weapons. I figured why not. I was expecting a small handgun or two. This is what he pulled out. We shot them all.

C9B79DCB-8F37-4B78-A105-34C8D2104623_zps0nbnpbqq.jpg

Definitely a good caliber selection there. Gotta love the H "und" K's!

They have a full float upper with a rifle length hand guard in their email special for $379.

I have o e of their blemished uppers and one of their barrels. Sometimes the service is shady but the parts are good.

Well Suzi is interested in getting the Springfield xdm 9mm mod 2. Currently she has the Walter p22 but is wanting to step up to something with a little more power. How much you all think her p22 is worth?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Brand new they run about 350-400 depending on what they are (stainless or black). I have a XD9 in compactish form and I like it. Wish I had my old p22 for my wife to shoot.

Anyone have an AR chambered in 7.62x39? If so how well is it performing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back