• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All Things Guns

Which is why almost no one recognizes the IN permit, because there is no training involved.

Yet we aren't accidentally shooting people all the time either, we must be smarter here.

I was more curious than anything, I'm federally protected by my job in all states, I believe it was HR-22 or something like that.

mac 'don't even have a gun permit' gyvr

26 states recognize our license.

I bought a XD9 compact for something to potentially carry. It came with two magazines, holster, mag holster, and speed loader. I can't say how big it is compared to the LC9, but it has a 16 round mag and a 12. The 16 is because it is only a little bit smaller then a full size xd9 (19 rounds), but small enough. Need to put more rounds down range with it.

Well I used a CNC lathe for the first time on a barrel chamber job, well all but the chambering anyway. I used it for turning the tenon, threading it, chamfering it, and cutting the bolt nose relief and recessed crowning of the muzzle. I have to say it did work out pretty good. The threading is what was nice, no worry about bumping the shoulder. That part always makes me nervous even though I've always had good luck threading on a manual lathe.
It's a Lawton LA Sporter receiver, Rem detachable mag., 30-06, used a Shilen .30-12 hvy sporter. It's for my son-in-laws birthday, cut it to 26". Now to do the finish work on the stock and metal coating.

Well I used a CNC lathe for the first time on a barrel chamber job, well all but the chambering anyway. I used it for turning the tenon, threading it, chamfering it, and cutting the bolt nose relief and recessed crowning of the muzzle. I have to say it did work out pretty good. The threading is what was nice, no worry about bumping the shoulder. That part always makes me nervous even though I've always had good luck threading on a manual lathe.
It's a Lawton LA Sporter receiver, Rem detachable mag., 30-06, used a Shilen .30-12 hvy sporter. It's for my son-in-laws birthday, cut it to 26". Now to do the finish work on the stock and metal coating.

Well I carried on the CNC with marking the caliber using my CNC mill, then I made a custom scope base. Now I need to get everything finish blued and coated.
IMGP1141.jpg

IMGP1139.jpg

IMGP1143.jpg

Looks awesome, makes me wish my FIL did more then drink. You should spray duracoat, it's made/sold up by Eau Claire. It's cheaper to pick it up there ;-) when my sister went to school up there I was having her deliver huge orders and painting guns/stocks on the side.. or if you have access to an over cerakote is awesome!

The guys at the bicycle shop I go to are not only good people to buy bike stuff off of, but also fun guys to hang out with at the range. Went on Saturday with them to shoot. I just got a new dslr that shoots video so I wanted to see how good of video it shoots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEgDUYpu9RQ

I helped my dad fill out the online IL CCW permit application.
We started at 7:30 PM and did not finish until almost 10:00.
Some of it was my dad's lack of computer understanding, but most of it was the slow ass ISP web site and obtaining the digital ID.
Convincing him he HAD to install JAVA on his computer was the hardest part.

Lar and I are going to get finger printed next week and apply for IL and FL at the same time.

I'm trading my pk380 today for a 20ga 870 with cantilever slug barrel. Got my deer gun sorted out if I don't get a .44mag. :D

Had some fun today with my 91/30. Bi-pod made a huge difference. Love it.
9ejy8y3a.jpg

Finished putting my 300 Blackout upper together. 8" CMMG barrel on a spare upper I had laying around. I tried 6 different jacketed bullets, some 107 grain frangibles, and my 160 grain powder coated cast bullets. It ate everything without a hiccup.
Well, except for the broken gas key bolt. The carrier has about 6000 rds on it, so I wasn't too upset. A new carrier and it ran great.
I have a spare lower laying around, so all I need is a pistol buffer tube and a Sig brace, and I can build a pistol to hunt deer with.

Next project is to come up with $1000.00 to buy a suppressor for it.:)

I have a spare lower laying around, so all I need is a pistol buffer tube and a Sig brace, and I can build a pistol to hunt deer with.

What caliber limitations do you have for handguns?
I know one of those states down there is straight walled cartridges only, kinda takes the fun outta hand cannons..

"Handguns, other than muzzleloading, must have a barrel at least 4 inches long and must fire a bullet of .243-inch diameter or larger. The handgun cartridge case, without the bullet, must be at least 1.16 inches long. Full metal-jacketed bullets are not permitted. The handgun must not be a rifle that has a barrel less than 18 inches or be designed or redesigned to be fired from the shoulder."

It almost doesn't seem fair.:)

Back