• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All Things Guns

2uruna3e.jpg

"Handguns, other than muzzleloading, must have a barrel at least 4 inches long and must fire a bullet of .243-inch diameter or larger. The handgun cartridge case, without the bullet, must be at least 1.16 inches long. Full metal-jacketed bullets are not permitted. The handgun must not be a rifle that has a barrel less than 18 inches or be designed or redesigned to be fired from the shoulder."

It almost doesn't seem fair.:)

Wisconsin used to be like that but they changed most of the state to rifle/shotgun/pistol after proving a slug isn't any safer. Back when it was shotgun and any pistol I built a 17.5" barreled 7wsm on a savage 3 screw target action. I can hang with 99% of the rifle guys out to 7-800 yards, only because I can't practice any further around here. It's heavy and pretty much requires a bipod but shoots better then me.
20130805_130654_zpspkc4sexb.jpg

this one is a MOA Maximum, used to be made in Ohio. This one is chambered in 6.5x.284.
mydoe.jpg

96'now I want to go shooting'2door

Does that mean I can hunt dear with my Mosin now?

No. 7.62 x 54 is not a straight walled cartridge.

Legal deer hunting rifles are chambered for the following calibers: .357 Magnum, .357 Maximum, .38 Special, .375 Super Magnum, .375 Winchester, .38-55, .41 Long Colt, .41 Magnum, .44 Special, .44 Magnum, .444 Marlin, .45 ACP, .45 Colt, .45 Long Colt, .45 Winchester Magnum, .45 Smith & Wesson, .454 Casull, .460 Smith & Wesson, .45-70, .45-90, .45-110, .475 Linebaugh, .50-70, .50-90, .50-100, .50-110 and .500 Smith & Wesson. - See more at: http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/stra...g-white-tailed-deer-ohio#sthash.VjWyU0fa.dpuf

http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/hunting...trapping-regulations/deer-hunting-regulations

Last edited:
I would love to see a straight across the board license to carry that is valid in all states and locations (without having to be a law enforcement officer) and same gun rules on mag sizes and all (no restrictions on this stuff). Will this ever happen, not with states like New York (well more NYC) and California.

I would love to see a straight across the board license to carry that is valid in all states and locations (without having to be a law enforcement officer) and same gun rules on mag sizes and all (no restrictions on this stuff). Will this ever happen, not with states like New York (well more NYC) and California.

The problem with passing federal laws for all the states to comply with is that they're federal laws that all the states have to comply with.

We're not supposed to be a federally run country. Each state provides the laws that pertain to its own citizens. Otherwise you become the British empire. Which is kind of the point of the revolution.

The problem with passing federal laws for all the states to comply with is that they're federal laws that all the states have to comply with.

We're not supposed to be a federally run country. Each state provides the laws that pertain to its own citizens. Otherwise you become the British empire. Which is kind of the point of the revolution.

I was going to type that up last night, but I figured why bother, he wouldn't listen to it any way.

the better solution would be to radically re evaluate the intent of the 14th amendment and get rid of the slaughterhouse ruling.

bam, problems solved, and not just the 2A ones.
Gura attempted that, but the NRA got in the way and somehow managed to get a chunk of his time before the judges in the mcdonald case. A primary reason that I don't hold the NA in a good light.

I get that, just would be nice to see all states honor all carry licenses.

In other news, the DC carry ban ruling has been stayed for 90 days.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...scullin-issues-90-day-stay-dc-carry-decision/

I would like to be able to just to carry in states to my east and west without having to pay a crazy amount or get more licenses. If I was to travel to Florida, if I had my license, I would be good. If I wanted to go to St. Louis and had to go through the Republic of Illinois, I wouldn't be. Ohio isn't honoring Indiana's license either. Not that I can blame them since there is no training requirement (though anyone who will carry should go through some training, required or not).

I would like to be able to just to carry in states to my east and west without having to pay a crazy amount or get more licenses. If I was to travel to Florida, if I had my license, I would be good. If I wanted to go to St. Louis and had to go through the Republic of Illinois, I wouldn't be. Ohio isn't honoring Indiana's license either. Not that I can blame them since there is no training requirement (though anyone who will carry should go through some training, required or not).

How about you start with getting your Indiana license, it couldn't be any easier. Then you will actually have to start carrying, then start traveling. At your current pace I am guessing you are about 4yrs away from even getting the first item on the list done.

I found out I can do a qualifying course for iowa on the internet.. Think I'll be doing that this weekend.
A decent amount of states accept the iowa license. Michigan does, which is the important one for me.
There is a class that will qualify me for the Utah and Arizona (maybe Florida too) permits, which I plan on taking eventually. I could carry in 35 states then.

Last edited:
Back