• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All Things Guns

I have a Ruger SR-9. Good gun for the winter, fits in inside Carhartt pocket. Also have a Colt Combat Commander. Very few rounds through it. Keep that in my ------ for house hold protection...

I was wondering the same thing....You really have to live here to to realize what IDIOTS these people are.... It is going to be interesting to see if the clowns in Springfield put out a bill as they were directed to by the court.

They will produce a bill. It will be so screwed up and make it so hard to actually get a CCW it will go back to court just to prevent being constitutional carry.

Gun show at machine gun shoot is pretty good, 22lr 80/box for 500 or 550 rd boxes....guns are cheap though

I'd like to have another gun show to go to around here. I didn't get much at the last one. Probably wouldn't get much again, but its a good time.

Ammo...what the hell are people thinking?

The local really overpriced gun shop was going to that shoot this weekend. I imagine he took his whole load of Barrett stuff.

The local really overpriced gun shop was going to that shoot this weekend. I imagine he took his whole load of Barrett stuff.
It's all good till you fire a .50 cal M2 and realize you forgot to put your earplugs in. WHAT DID YOU SAY? I have been in the 3rd row of an AC/DC concert, but that .50 cal rocks, the whole truck on a turret, by the way.

Last edited:
We were about 20' from someone firing a 50 cal. The concussion from it was awesome.

Sadly if I want .22lr, I am paying about 3.55 a box right now and only get that every once in a while (got 250 rounds on Friday). I have three boxes of .22lr right now that I could sell for 60-70 a box on gun broker right now (325, 500, and 555 boxes) that I have purchased in the last few months. I didn't pay more then 30 for any boxes.

Trading my wood stock from my 10/22 for this at the end of the month straight up.

STT-1022-63160B.jpg

Trading my wood stock from my 10/22 for this at the end of the month straight up.

STT-1022-63160B.jpg

Meh, the tacticool look has never been my thing. Even with my AR its gonna have a flash light and flip up sights(and of course a scope) and that's all. I like functionality but have 15 things attached to a glorified hunting rifle annoys me.

Sadly if I want .22lr, I am paying about 3.55 a box right now and only get that every once in a while (got 250 rounds on Friday). I have three boxes of .22lr right now that I could sell for 60-70 a box on gun broker right now (325, 500, and 555 boxes) that I have purchased in the last few months. I didn't pay more then 30 for any boxes.

For entertainment I spend some time every night flagging those ammo ads on Armslist as scams. It annoys the freak out of them and I enjoy it.
:smoker:

STT-1022-63160B.jpg
You said you were doing competitions with this gun, right? Do these competitions require tactical movements? If they do, I'd say you're getting into a good stock as per application. If you're going to be doing mostly bench shooting, I'd go with something along these lines...
http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-477/Rimfire-Thumbhole-Stocks--dsh-/Detail

Obviously buying this stock is more costly than trading for the other one, but application should take a little priority over being free. And I could be totally off base with what you're planning to do with your rifle.

Just food for thought.

The matches I will do will be just me standing in one place shooting. The big thing is going to be the pistol grip and lighter weight.

Just out of curiosity, what are the regulations on stock changes? Could you go to a bullpup design? That would rock out with what you're talking about.

I can do anything for the matches I do, there is no regulations. If I could get a bull pup stock for free, I would. I am trading straight up for this one with my wood stock.

Expanded Background checks is dead (for now). Lets hope everything else dies.

You must get your information from Fox News....Manchin-Toomey would have made things a lot simpler. Universal CCW reciprocity was included in it.

Back