• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alignment shop for long arm lift kit around Sacramento?

vanseldorf

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed RE long arm lift kit and need to find alignment shop that has alignment experience with long arm kits. I know there is one in Shingle Springs but I am trying to find something closer. Thank you.

I just installed RE long arm lift kit and need to find alignment shop that has alignment experience with long arm kits. I know there is one in Shingle Springs but I am trying to find something closer. Thank you.

It doesn't matter if you have a long or short arm suspension. Basically all that can be adjusted is your toe and center your steering wheel. This can be done in your driveway if you know what you are doing.

Are you having an issue, or did you just install the lift kit? Most shops don't want to deal with lifted vehicles, especially with alignments.

I used Big O. They won't touch the caster which I didn't want them to do. So it really amounts to setting the steering and camber adjustment. Funny thing was, the caster was with-in specs from my alignment I did in the driveway. Good luck.

I used Big O. They won't touch the caster which I didn't want them to do. So it really amounts to setting the steering and camber adjustment. Funny thing was, the caster was with-in specs from my alignment I did in the driveway. Good luck.

Camber is not adjustable on a solid front axle without swapping in offset ball joints.

Caster should be set for proper front driveshaft pinion angle, but not so far that the rig gets squirrely. There is a spot where pinion angle is acceptable, and caster isn't too far out of spec. This adjustment can be made by shortening or lengthening the upper control arms.

Toe should be set around 1/4" to 3/8" toe in.

I just installed lift kit yesterday from rolled XJ. My long arms, upper short arms, track bar are adjustable and I want to make sure that axle is centered correctly. I tried and centered it as much as I could but I need to make sure that axle is in correct place, pinion angle + alignment needs to be done.

Camber is not adjustable on a solid front axle without swapping in offset ball joints.

Caster should be set for proper front driveshaft pinion angle, but not so far that the rig gets squirrely. There is a spot where pinion angle is acceptable, and caster isn't too far out of spec. This adjustment can be made by shortening or lengthening the upper control arms.

Toe should be set around 1/4" to 3/8" toe in.

Thanks for the correction Brian. I thought toe and wrote camber.

Back