• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Headlights

Just order through BajaHID. I put my kit on last week and went on a 4wheeling trip that started at 9pm. Needless to say, the HID kit from Tony is top notch. Get the wiring harness...

if you're going to do it, do it right the first time.

Different HID bulb. There is another option.

The other option that I've seen is the HID bulb that is a dual filament instead of solenoid. In this way, the low beam stays lit while the hi beam turns on.

In retrospect, I actually wish I had gone that route because you lose a lot of closer/wider light when you switch to high beam with my setup. I love it, and it's wayyyy better than stock especially now that I've aimed them correctly!

So in my opinion, if you are going to do it right, get the dual filament hi/lo combo. It's more expensive though. If you really want HID right NOW - get the solenoid option because getting lo beam HID and halogen hi beam is stupid...

Different HID bulb. There is another option.

The other option that I've seen is the HID bulb that is a dual filament instead of solenoid. In this way, the low beam stays lit while the hi beam turns on.

In retrospect, I actually wish I had gone that route because you lose a lot of closer/wider light when you switch to high beam with my setup. I love it, and it's wayyyy better than stock especially now that I've aimed them correctly!

So in my opinion, if you are going to do it right, get the dual filament hi/lo combo. It's more expensive though. If you really want HID right NOW - get the solenoid option because getting lo beam HID and halogen hi beam is stupid...

Halogen hi-beams are a joke...
I laughed when I first flipped them on.

Im thinking about wiring the hi-beam switch to a relay that runs my aux lights. Atleast it would be better than that...

Halogen hi-beams are a joke...
I laughed when I first flipped them on.

Im thinking about wiring the hi-beam switch to a relay that runs my aux lights. Atleast it would be better than that...
I agree. The HID hi-beams with the solenoid are SOOOO much better than stock. So if you want HID NOW, I promise you'll be happy with the solenoid.

Tony at www.BajaHID.com will be able to hook you up.

I agree. The HID hi-beams with the solenoid are SOOOO much better than stock. So if you want HID NOW, I promise you'll be happy with the solenoid.

Tony at www.BajaHID.com will be able to hook you up.

From my understanding and first hand experience, HIDs take about 5-10 seconds to "warm-up" during that period they produce maybe 60% of their total output. So If you just wanted to flash your brights at some one, it wouldnt be as effective, which i think is partly the reason for the solenoid activated brights.

After reading this thread I ordered a set of Hella E-spec H4 housings. With respect to the E-spec pattern - are there any CONS to this setup? For exampe, am I going to miss overhead overpass signs? :doh:

Just get the harness...you'll be happier. Why spend the money to upgrade your lights to only go half way? I have the Silverstar Ultra bulbs right now and they're no better than the typical stock car. Improvement over the crappy sealed beams, yes, but how much of that is from the improved harness?
I got mine from Big Off-Road. Decent kit, but the relays used can be hard to find and I had one bad one.

Back