• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt a newb.

No, not yet. I think that would be kind of hard to follow.

Closer to D-Day, I'll post that all volunteers and noobs post up in a dedicated thread. Then, we(me/WF staff/BOD)or Dan :D............. can match everyone up.

"we" ? You get one WF under your belt and you're an ol' timer now? :laugh3:
You're still a noob youself........the sheep didn't show up last year. :D

:doh: I guess I just feel more senior now.

I am already giddy again about this and its what 7 months away.

:doh: I guess I just feel more senior now.

I am already giddy again about this and its what 7 months away.
Nothing wrong with that! To be honest, last year I'd kinda lost the fire about the whole thing. I got alot of enjoyment out of just being around you, and seeing how giddy/pumped you were. I remember when I used to be like that.:D

"we" ? You get one WF under your belt and you're an ol' timer now? :laugh3:
You're still a noob youself........the sheep didn't show up last year. :D

Mike, I have the sheep covered for this year...seriously...

This is only my 3rd WF and I still feel like some what of a newbie to some things, but more then willing to step up where needed. And I can say that if you dont fully partake in the camp fire your first year, your still a newbie the second year :D Mike gently hazed me about my less then stellar first year performace (or lack there of) at the camp fire...so JJ and I had to be the last ones standing this year...even after Mac"frolicking like an epileptic goat"Gyver was thrashing in the straw :D:D :cheers:

Last edited:
...even after Mac"frolicking like an epileptic goat"Gyver was thrashing in the straw :D:D :cheers:

I seem to remember him doing that at my first WF, in '04 :D

I'd be happy to adopt a newb too.

so what classifies someone as a newb? new to the badlands, or new to the NAXJA scene?

• Anyone that has never been to WF.
  • Anyone new to NAXJA.
  • Anyone that just wants a bit of guidance
  • Anyone that would like to make a new friend.:D

• Anyone new to NAXJA.

i never been to WF
new to NAXJA
can always use guidance
can always use a new friend

but........

im not a fan of sheep

do i get counted out then?

:D:D:D

• Anyone new to NAXJA.

What if you've taken a few years hiatus on WF?

can you be considered a newb again?

:wave1:

why not. all that attend should be a member anyhow. I know that it's not enforced, but why continue to give people free rides. If you want to use the benefits of NAXJA, pay up.

I like having a big group like WF 09 and once a lot of these guys see what NAXJA is really about they tend to pony up. I noticed an increase in Red from the last WF. So making it "members only" will hurt future WF.

Isn't there a discount or something if we are Red.

I like having a big group like WF 09 and once a lot of these guys see what NAXJA is really about they tend to pony up. I noticed an increase in Red from the last WF. So making it "members only" will hurt future WF.

Isn't there a discount or something if we are Red.

so, what's being said is that I should not feel that I need to pay my dues cuz I can get all the bene's other than the den for no money.

I stated paying dues shortly after reading post for a few weeks, that was enough to make me want to contribute.

why not. all that attend should be a member anyhow. I know that it's not enforced, but why continue to give people free rides. If you want to use the benefits of NAXJA, pay up.
It's not enforced because it's not a rule or in the Bylaws.
It was changed a few years ago.

It's not enforced because it's not a rule or in the Bylaws.
It was changed a few years ago.

attending wf, or any event, should be left open to nonmembers, if they have a sponsor. and if they don't personally know anyone, there's always someone that will 'sponsor'.

I'm talking more of the 'personal guide for trails and fire' should be offered to members only.

I see where Rob and Dan are both coming from. Maybe I am over simplifying it, but maybe the adoption program should be available to those who register for WF, and the adoption program is a perk of the paid admission to WF? If it is just some stragglers that come to WF but dont want to buck up the WF fees but want to take advantage of the perks/group runs etc...then no. Maybe after I have a few drinks this evening I will come up with even more incoheirent ramblings.....

attending wf, or any event, should be left open to nonmembers, if they have a sponsor. and if they don't personally know anyone, there's always someone that will 'sponsor'.

I'm talking more of the 'personal guide for trails and fire' should be offered to members only.

Wasn't your name black during the last wf?

I like the adopt a newb program, I will do whatever.....

Back