• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adjustable Fuel pressure regulator

sdryde

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a fuel pressure regulator and leigh performance is out of them and I do not want to $230 for one from hesco. I found on that seems like it should work msd boost adjustable fuel pressure regulator #2222.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-2222/overview/

Does boost mean it is for forced induction only? it seems to me that the regulator should have some sort of vacume reference (my stroker is NA). I also found several other adjustable FPRs out there rangeing from $30-300.

Is there any one out there that has some experiences with any of these? Good or Bad I want to hear it.

---Justin

Bad idea, get your ecu tuned.

why would a fuel pressure regulator be a bad idea. I have injectors in there that require pressure greater than stock pressure. With the new wide band O2 data logger system I can dial that thing in.

here is the engine specs
99+ intake
renix 1988
ho 7120 head
comp cam 68-232-4
comp lifters
mopar springs 5249464
mopar retainers 4452032
silvolite pistons 3242hc60 .060 over
258 rods and crank
block zero decked
60 cc combustion chamber polished
no port job but smoothed runners and gasket match
24 lb bosh 4 hole injecters
10.75:1 compresion ratio

I don't think you can tune a renix ecu. If you know other wise please let me know.

I really did not want to spend $200 + dollars on a FPR so I found this one for thirty bucks and will install this weekend. Next week I am going to the Pismo dunes where I will do some tuning/testing.

AFPR
http://compare.ebay.com/like/110817851981?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

Bad idea, get your ecu tuned.

renix 1988
I don't think you can tune a renix ecu. If you know other wise please let me know.
LOL

Your idea of using an adjustable FRP is fine if you can dial in the AFR. I'd be interested to know if you can get the AFR you desire over the whole RPM range.

If his adjustable FPR gets him what he wants its fine then. Its not a bad idea at all. If it doesn't do what he wants then its the usual avenues. Change the injectors to something sized better, adjustable MAP sensor if the changes can be small, or a piggy back of some sort.

If he was trying to run stock injectors at a higher pressure, then that could be a bad idea depending on the pressure.

That is a big IF.

Adjusting the FPR will incr or decr fuel across the whole rpm and load range. That is most likely not what he needs to properly tune his combination.

why would a fuel pressure regulator be a bad idea. I have injectors in there that require pressure greater than stock pressure. With the new wide band O2 data logger system I can dial that thing in.

here is the engine specs
99+ intake
renix 1988
ho 7120 head
comp cam 68-232-4
comp lifters
mopar springs 5249464
mopar retainers 4452032
silvolite pistons 3242hc60 .060 over
258 rods and crank
block zero decked
60 cc combustion chamber polished
no port job but smoothed runners and gasket match
24 lb bosh 4 hole injecters
10.75:1 compresion ratio

I really did not want to spend $200 + dollars on a FPR so I found this one for thirty bucks and will install this weekend. Next week I am going to the Pismo dunes where I will do some tuning/testing.

AFPR
http://compare.ebay.com/like/110817851981?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

I live near pismo, hit me up and we can meet up. Not sure if my heep will be up and running by then tho.

So in order to put in the new zeitronics wide band O2 datalogger system in I need to add a O2, So I ordered a O2 bung, 2.5 inch exhaust tubing, and u-bends to build a new exhaust with mandrel bent tubing. its is sexy. I built most of it today finish it tomorrow. Head to pismo on Mon tue wed for tuning of the AFPR and adj MAP. I will post some pics later

Back