• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Accommodations...???

Just as long as it doesn't stink like his Moab cabin did...

mac 'smelled like a prison' gyvr

One of these would be great I could actually turn it on and go to bed instead of heating the tent sleeping an hour or 2 and re heating.

It keeps the exhaust completely separate from the heating air.
http://www.adventuretrailers.com/heaters.html

Last year I found it a few hundred cheaper at a marine supply website they are made by Propex.

Not the cheapest option but sleeping all night while a thermostat controls the heating of the RTT or trailer sounds nice.

That is really expensive.

You could go to a rv salvage yard, buy a furnace from a wrecked rv, install it your trailer with heat ducts that you could run into your tent. That would be the cats ass, for a lot less money.

Holy poop! That's alot of money!!
Yea I like how it goes from like $780 for the kit and then they charge over a thousand more to get one that comes installed in a cheap metal tool box ?
I'm pretty sure I saw the kit for like $500 somewhere else last year.
That is really expensive.

You could go to a rv salvage yard, buy a furnace from a wrecked rv, install it your trailer with heat ducts that you could run into your tent. That would be the cats ass, for a lot less money.

I liked that you can run a return vent to draw warm air from the tent to be reheated upping efficiency.
The price pretty much makes it a no go but I do think about it from time to time when i'm tired or cold.

I think looking into using a RV one is a great idea Dan

im thinking this would be the best thread to find this out, cuz i have no idea and need help.

the last couple years i have slept in a tent with a space heater running. now i assume that the electrical post that can power and entire camper could handle a electric space heater or 2 but i have popped the breaker 2 both times now.

now my heater just plugs in to you standard little 2 prong outlet. someone mentioned something about an adapter that my heater can plug into and plugs in to the outlet a camper would use? anyone know where im going with this? do you know what im looking for?

im thinking this would be the best thread to find this out, cuz i have no idea and need help.

the last couple years i have slept in a tent with a space heater running. now i assume that the electrical post that can power and entire camper could handle a electric space heater or 2 but i have popped the breaker 2 both times now.

now my heater just plugs in to you standard little 2 prong outlet. someone mentioned something about an adapter that my heater can plug into and plugs in to the outlet a camper would use? anyone know where im going with this? do you know what im looking for?
IIRC RamRod had the adapter plug you are talking about at the campground in Moab. It might be worth asking him about.

Buy them a lowes or the camper store, goes from a 50 or 30 amp RV plug to a 110 normal plug.

I've used them a lot.

mac 'power on tap from God' gyvr

Agree with JR and Mac...bought one in Moab and was blowing the surge protector in the tent way before the post. Great little product....

Ram" Staying warm is great"Rod

That would work Sam. The ones we have are not pigtails but that should work just fine.

Back