• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99+ Intake Swap Dyno Results...

Those are really high gain numbers. I doubt aftermarket would pull in much more.

Also I wouldnt expect 26 hp on an otherwise unmodified engine.

Last edited:
yeah i also think they are really high numbers but there was also some work done to the head so maybe it was choking with the old intake manifold..

yeah i also think they are really high numbers but there was also some work done to the head so maybe it was choking with the old intake manifold..

Yup
Removed 5mm taper on throttle body 60mm all the way through
Port and polished head

Well was actually looking for a aftermarket intake manifold for my 01 xj and found this tought it would be somewhat helpful for someone doing the swap...

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6355

and also does anyone know if there is a aftermarket intake manifold for the xj? like a sheet metal or something?

There's no aftermarket intake manifold for the Jeep 4.0 engine.
I did swap an '01 XJ manifold into my '92 XJ last year (4.6L "poor man's" stroker) and with no other changes (except raising the MAP voltage slightly to correct a lean condition after the swap), my before-and-after dyno results were:

Before: 200rwhp @ 4750rpm, 254rwtq @ 3500rpm
After: 202rwhp @ 4700rpm, 258rwtq @ 3400rpm

The biggest gains in torque were lower down the rpm range with up to +5lbft from 1500-3000rpm. I also gained ~1mpg in fuel economy. The manifold cost me only $53 so it was well worth it.

im got a 98 xj and just bought a 99 4.0 motor and was wondeirng what type of gains i would see from putting the the 99 intake on my 98 xj. I do have a 62.5 t.b., firepower igintion kit, intake, exhast, edge trail jammer module too. any thoughts would be helpfull. and i plan on making the 99 motor a 4.6 poormans stroker..would it be okay to use the 98 intake parts?

wondeirng what type of gains i would see from putting the the 99 intake on my 98 xj
There are two sets of dyno numbers in this thread. You didnt even have to search just read...

Use the 99 intake and put your crap on it.

That's kind of different from what kind of manifold they were asking about.
lol. you think?

which one do you have? any pictures?

This is the only pic I'm showing until everything gets installed
(I'm still waiting for certain parts from a certain person)
coated07.jpg

Oh crap. You let the cat out of the bag. What did you get it coated with? Near chrome powdercoat?

meh. I left plenty to the imagination with that pic. I've had this stupid thing since last January. I figured I should post, at least, one pic by now.

The intake's ceramic coated. It was supposed to be a satin finish (like my header), but they botched my order/ gave it a polished finish. At least they gave me a decent discount to make up for the mistake.

Back