• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95XJ project

RyanColton

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I'm new at the hole thread thing. So here I go. Here is what I started with about five years ago. Just a plane Jane jeep.
a>

I have pics of the lift install but I have to find them. Due to money I went with the rough country 6.5" long arm. I wouldn't recommend rough country if you are looking for a lift. Anyway I'm running 35x12.5x17 with 4.56 gears with a SYE. I scored the tires for FREE from a buddy that's why I went with the 17" rim. The Jeep came with the 4.56 gears and rear 44 with a Detroit locker. When I installed the lift I also installed a set of bush wacker flares. This is what I ended up with.

I have a couple pics of the engine build if you need them as well. Keep it up, glad to see you finally posted this up! :thumbup:

As for the stroker sticker. A buddy and I started with a 4.0 block, Pistons, 4.2 crank and rods.

Of corse you can't have a new engine with out new paint.

I went with a 99 head and intake, stock exhaust for now. I had to upgrade the injectors to 24lb.

Ended up gasket matching the head and intake also

I did smooth it out after I took the pics

With more power and bigger tires. It's time for some better brakes. Like I said before it came with a Dana 44 rear. So got calipers, mount plates, and dust shields from a ZJ. Now it time to start ripping things a part and cleaning things up.

I decided to pull the axle out to clean it up and route the new ridged brake line. And to fix the wedge between the axle and the springs.

This is the process I used to clean the rust off the used caliper brackets.

I connected the poles in the corner to each other, and to negative of my battery charger. I ground all the rust off the poles before I started.Then I connected my parts to each other, and to the positive of the charger. Then submuged into borax/water solution. Making sure that they don't touch the corner poles. Now turn on the charger and wait about 24 hours.

This is one of the corner poles after.

They turned out pretty good. I did have to **** new holes in the bracket to fit the 44.

Last edited:
wow that thing is nice.glad i went with the 3.5 rubicon express instead of the 4.5 rough country. although i did buy a few rough country parts like the shackle relocation kit and front extended braided brake lines. The re lift sat really high so i had to add a 2 inch spacer on top of the coils to level it. picking up some re 5.5 coils next year to get rid of the spacers.

Thanks! look your build over its pretty sweet too. Sucks about the paint. Did you try a clear coat! I liked the s-10 seats you installed. I mite steal that from you. Did the back seat not fit.

So when I build the stroker. I choose to go with a high flow oil pump. That was a bad idea. The pump has putting to much pressure on the distributor gear, which took out the distributor gear and the cam.

Back