• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90XJ vs 90 XJ...I don't get it

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
My buddy just got a 'new' 1990 Cherokee Pioneer, it's a 4 door and it's all tricked out with full skid plates, power windows, locks and keyless entry, the keyless entry sensor is a little box on the roof above the windshield, OEM? It's a 4.0 and auto w/trans comfort switch, AW4?

Anyways my 1990 Cherokee Pioneer is a 2 door, I have no skid plates and neither power windows or power locks.

I thought all Pioneers were base line, what gives?

Also I noticed when I sit shotgun in his XJ I noticed alot more foot room then when sitting shotgun in mine, is this just a normal difference between 2door's & 4door's?

Alot of the xj's had pretty much any option available on them you could get a decked out pioneer like his 4 door or a base model like your 2 dr
The 4 door sounds like it had the "off highway vehicle" package.
As for the foot room it could be just seat position or possibly the difference from a 2dr to a 4dr.

what gives is with most manufacturers you can order a base package and add what ever you wish to add for a special order.........I worked for a dodge dealer ship and ordered trucks for them........because most guys actually wide their CD's I ordered em base line with rubber floor mats and no carpet then added PL, PW, crusie, tilt, under body protection package, and infinity sound system

Back