• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 xj dana 44 11" rear drum brakes

willybugman

NAXJA Forum User
I have a complete set of rear brakes removed from my 87xj. These are off of the dana 44 rear.. includes the backing plates and bolts, all hardware, wheel cylinders, shoes, drums and parking brake cables. All for $100.00 All parts including drums were replaced about 5000miles ago. needs cleaning but all still good. even the hardware (springs etc) were replaced. I went to discs...
email [email protected] pics available on request. These are the larger drum set up also used om the comanche pickups..

Last edited:
I wouldn't bet against it - being a Jeep - but are you sure that you have 11" drums? I have had 3 D44's and they have 2 1/2" or 1 3/4"X10" drums. I am also converting to the ZJ disk setup.

i also am wondering the same thing, i looked on advance auto parts shop online and theres no 11" brakes for either the cherokee or the commanche, measure the width of the pad and get back to me please.

hey, could be that I threw the tape across the drum and read it wrong...sorry however I know they are the wider shoes. these brakes came off the 44 with the heavy duty towing package available from american motors on the 87 xj. thanks. When I bought brake parts I always had to get the larger stuff from the commanche as most suppliers did not even list the larger brakes for the 87. I will will check the drum inside diameter when I get home later...

Re: 87 xj dana 44 10" x 2 3/4" rear drum brakes

news flash............the drums are 10"x2/34.......sorry for the confusion, must have used a shorter tape measure the first time...darn, those 11" brakes are really rare.

Last edited:
Back