• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 Chief (budget build)

SO went to pick n Pull today and found this beauty

Can any one recognize this?? had a NAXJA sticker

WELL it went Great today I pulled off the lower control arms the track bar the rear bumper and also the rear diff cover over all im super stoked all for about $85 bucks and also a thanks to Patrick (831_xj) for lending a hand.

funay that looks like my old tomken bumper. in the middle at the top is there a crappy patch job. it was on another members rig.

last time it was on my rig... '05
ry%3D480

I abused it and it's good to see it will still get abused.

Hell ya that's badass!! Mikey has modified it now to work with his factory tire carrier. The Cut n Fold square tube was cut off so just need to add some back to it. It's an awesome bumper.. And I think he ended up paying like $100 for a RE double shear TB, the bumper, front locker, stainless braided brake lines, Tomken LCA and some other stuff.. He stripped that XJ and it's pretty rad it was an old NAXJA member! Woot

Amazing score dude! Seruosly reminds me of my old days going to pnp to look for goodies.

Duuuude! Was that at moss landing?

Was that Kerri's rig?

Nice to see you still kicking around here from time to time Mark. :cheers:

Yep, that's Kerri's rig, she went by Skipper on the forum. I knew she was having issues with it passing smog a few years back. Guess it never got fixed.

Here is a pic from December 2005 when we went to Bald Mountain. Kernel is in there too, with Letterman's TJ right in front of Kerri.

standard.jpg

Nice to see you still kicking around here from time to time Mark. :cheers:

kewl pic from the past and your right from time to time... mostly in the for sale forum. :wave:

I cut the guards/sliders off and put them on the replacement bumper... didn't
want to go to sims to buy new material. benefit was it just bolted to her rig.

I had the tire carrier with gas can & hi-lift mount. with a 35" tire on the back
the carrier started to bounce while running down the freeway. I figured it
would eventually remove itself from the back of the rig and the fact you
couldn't see shait backing up I started hacking it. :)

I do like what you did with the factory tire carrier. nice job.

well its been a little while sense ive posted. have gotten a few things done sense..
First Got some wood grain from the local pnp lol

next up I got the HD shackle relocation kit still need to adjust the shackle angle and get a longer shackle and then cut the bracket in a angle so its not super bulky..

Well I was super board one day so i decied to pull up all the carpet.. found light surface rust so cleaned it up to all bare metal.

then some and paint..

Also in the mix got my front bumper front dirt bound off road what a deal they where selling these for..

got the winch all set up and in place

Beardoggy helping me out

Well also finally started doing some welding things
added some rear under protection that i added to the bumper

well I did the rocker replacement with the 2x6 and angle iron just like patrick did(pw_sc) thanks for the help brother looks great!

Thanks seal for the photo lol

getting the sides all marked up ready to cut

And done welded up both sides still need to paint and add a few little touches to it

Looking good man.
Clean.

took me yrs to hack my rockers. had to smash them 1st. looks good & keep it up :cheers:

one thing (if no history) is to check/change the o-rings on your fuel injectors,
regulator, incoming fuel line. you have miles on the rig so they've prob
already been changed but hate to see your rig go up in flames.

easy way to check is by checking the fuel regulators o-ring for cracks. before
checking just buy a kit cause if the o-ring is ****ed then u'll have a replacement.
if good u'll have trail spares.

it's a good sat job (if the rail has been apart before) but id' plan a
inspection/new parts party around it. a good weekend job with cleaning the
intake, intake manifold, all the little parts on the manifold, check the exhaust
manifold for cracks, etc... while u have the fuel rail off fix the broke.

Back