• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6.0 LS Swap

new pants please.

Where is the like button? Sorry I could not stop laughing!

Well as you can see in the vid its alive. The PCM came in today from lt1swap.com. Plugged it in turned the key and fired right up. No oil, trans, or fuel leaks and good oil pressure. The Jeep gauges work with no issues, other than I don't have the tach wired up yet, I still have to order the tach simulator from Novak. I wanted to make sure all of the other gauges worked before I wasted the money on it. The second start was much better. I let it get up to operating temp and shut it down. Man this thing is LOUD with just headers. hopefully I can get the exhaust finished up some time this week and order the driveshaft. I can not wait to take her out on the road!

Now I'm working on the shift linkage and trans mount.

Just run open headers ;)

Top notch work only surpassed by how quickly you got everything done. I'm swapping a LS1/T56 into my Nova, between that and this thread all I wanna do is a LS swap into my trail rig XJ now.

I'm swapping a LS1/T56 into my Nova, between that and this thread all I wanna do is a LS swap into my trail rig XJ now.

Same boat here. In the back of my head was always "Hmm. LS power. Jeep. LS powered Jeep?"
But to see it done, and this nicely...
Dammit.

Sweet swap man. Very clean. Love that radiator setup. I will likely be stealing that once i find out my stock radiator won't clear my TT 5.3. lol

Where is the like button? Sorry I could not stop laughing!

Well as you can see in the vid its alive. The PCM came in today from lt1swap.com. Plugged it in turned the key and fired right up. No oil, trans, or fuel leaks and good oil pressure. The Jeep gauges work with no issues, other than I don't have the tach wired up yet, I still have to order the tach simulator from Novak. I wanted to make sure all of the other gauges worked before I wasted the money on it. The second start was much better. I let it get up to operating temp and shut it down. Man this thing is LOUD with just headers. hopefully I can get the exhaust finished up some time this week and order the driveshaft. I can not wait to take her out on the road!

Now I'm working on the shift linkage and trans mount.
Document all of this, please! When I do an LS swap I do not mind running a different shifter gauges, etc. but to be able to use stock is awesome.
Just run open headers ;)

Top notch work only surpassed by how quickly you got everything done. I'm swapping a LS1/T56 into my Nova, between that and this thread all I wanna do is a LS swap into my trail rig XJ now.
I want to swap an LSx into pretty much anything. Why not swap the LS in your heep and build/run something better in the nova?
Jealous of that extra seven tenths of a liter?
Jealous of the extra cylinders/power/displacement?

Nicely done.

Sounds awesome!

From the video it looks like you got the AC lines ran. I didn't see a compressor in the video or the pictures. What compressor will you be using? And are you using the compressors original location on the lower passenger side? Any pics?

EDIT: those are heater core lines aren't they? my bad.

Last edited:
Sounds awesome!

From the video it looks like you got the AC lines ran. I didn't see a compressor in the video or the pictures. What compressor will you be using? And are you using the compressors original location on the lower passenger side? Any pics?

EDIT: those are heater core lines aren't they? my bad.

Yes they are heater hoses. I am going to run AC (I live in Hotlanta) I just wanted to get it going for now. I plan on running the Jeep compressor and make a mount.

Today I took a trip to Summit Racing to get the exhaust and overflow tank. Then when I got back I was able to fab up the trans mount and start working on the exhaust. The exhaust is 2 1/2" down pipes to a 3" collector, then 3" cat, muffler and tail pipe. I completed the Y-Pipe and should have the cat and Magnaflow on tomorrow. I will post a video as soon as I can.

Nice work. very clean!

Nice

Is there anyway you might be able to get some pictures with the suspension cycled without the springs to show how close the driveshaft will get to the driver side exhaust pipe. I know most guys, including myself, had the driveshaft "self clear" a dent into the exhaust pipe coming off the 4.0 when the drive side suspension is fully compressed

Nice

Is there anyway you might be able to get some pictures with the suspension cycled without the springs to show how close the driveshaft will get to the driver side exhaust pipe. I know most guys, including myself, had the driveshaft "self clear" a dent into the exhaust pipe coming off the 4.0 when the drive side suspension is fully compressed

Yes I will. However it will have to be later as I am in "I want to drive this thing mode!" I will say it is further away from the u-joint than the 4.0 so I should be good.

Today I was able to get the trans cooler and fan on. Now I just finished putting on the grill and bumper. Latter today I will get all of the small issues taken care of like heat shields on some wires and fuel lines and double checking everything. Then start on the hood wile the drive shaft parts come in.

Back