• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6.0 LS Swap

I haven't totaled it up but I think around 4k. Hours are between 90-100, due to taking my time and lots of learning, the last swap I did for a customer took me 60 hours. Yes we do have emissions here. It passed.

That's great. I'm gonna need to get you number. I may have already said it but I'm planning this swap but don't have the time or know how for it myself. But my salary will triple in July. I live in upstate SC, have family near Jackson Lake in GA, which I think isn't far from Senoia.

That's great. I'm gonna need to get you number. I may have already said it but I'm planning this swap but don't have the time or know how for it myself. But my salary will triple in July. I live in upstate SC, have family near Jackson Lake in GA, which I think isn't far from Senoia.

Just PM me for my #.

That is one nice looking XJ. But I'm also partial to silver.

Thank you. Me too.

I just bought a tube bender so the looks will be changing as soon as I get caught up at work. Its been very busy lately, I have 3 more harness to finish plus starting another swap.

It was great seeing this in person today. The workmanship is top notch and the burnouts you laid were just insane coming from the little silver XJ. When you peeled out everyone definitely noticed haha!

If you ever need a wrenching hand just let me know, i'm only about an hour away.

It was great seeing this in person today. The workmanship is top notch and the burnouts you laid were just insane coming from the little silver XJ. When you peeled out everyone definitely noticed haha!

If you ever need a wrenching hand just let me know, i'm only about an hour away.

Thank you. It was great meeting you! I can often use a helping hand, I will keep you in mind.

6000 mile update.

Summer is here and the radiator and fan are working out perfect. No overheating issues at all. Outside temp has been 85-90 with 70-80% humidity and engine temp is staying under 200 in Atlanta traffic pulling a 3000lb trailer. (Going to need A/C Very soon!)
The only issue I have had was a check engine lite with a TPS code. Turned out to be a loose connector at the TPS.
I'm going to Summit today to redo my fuel system with a new pump, braided lines, corvette filter and Holley fuel rails to get ready for the new intake, cam and heads. I will post pics as soon as I get them.

Finally got some time to redo the fuel system and replace the blue led in the check engine light (the emissions tech had a cow when he saw the blue light?). Blue light changed and it passed emissions with flying colors. The tech was amazed!

I changed the fuel system to a return less due to future mods I have planed.

It was late at night when I worked on it so didn't get a ton of pics.

I had to make brackets for the truck intake.

I used DEI heat shield over the braided line where it came close to the header.

Looks like you yanked the stock fuel pressure regulator off and tapped a return orifice, correct? Did you have to move to a higher flowing pump for the V8?

Looks like you yanked the stock fuel pressure regulator off and tapped a return orifice, correct? Did you have to move to a higher flowing pump for the V8?

I had over 6000 miles on my original return style fuel system and the stock Jeep pump worked great. The only reason why I upgraded and changed to a return less system is because I am putting new heads, cam, intake, and 102mm TB on, and wanted to make sure I had enough fuel.

10k Update.

She is now my DD/Work truck and the miles are adding up quick. Still in love with the swap! I wish I would have done this years ago! I pull a 12' trailer weighing 2000lbs loaded for work and other than the noise from the trailer I cant even tell its back there. I did upgrade the brakes to help her slow down. I added a set of 8.8 disks to the 8.25 that I had at the shop and used drilled/slotted rotors and Power Stop pads front and rear, made a huge difference! Other than the LS, its my favorite upgrade. I did replace the 8ga wire from the alternator to the starter with 2ga. During my last oil change I noticed it started to melt at the starter. Other than that no issues at all. Now its time to get her lifted, axles swapped, and finish the bumpers and cage. I just finished the roof rack that I will tie in to the cage.

Here are some pics.

Looks great Jeremy. I like the rack too. Clean...

Back