• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 carbon issues. any emission gurus out there?

NAPA sells an entire vacuum line hose and tubing kit pretty cheap for the Renix jeeps.

ill definatley change them all out evetually but no parts stores around here has them in stock for like 50 miles. napa,autozone,advance or oreillys.. but i got some vacuum line to experiment with i stared at engine again for a little whiel today trying to figure out where that bottom plug on that valve/fitting is supposed to go and i pulled anothe vac line running to the drivers side fender i think to the egr, not sure but it was Getting no vacuum and i eventually found a peice of vacuum line shaped in a U like the other one i plugged up and it was like finding the last puzzle peice it fit perfect and i think i got all my problems solved out.. also ran some seafoam through to clear some of that carbon thats been building up for so long.

I need to go drive this jeep back by the guy i bought it from last week and show him how its running now cause of a few vacuum lines...

40LVac.jpg

appreceiate it, i got me a chilton or haynes manual for it now. also put the vacuum harnesses on order at napa yesterday i believe... idk but its supposed to be delivered in the morning. i know it needs it. lots of cruddy hoses loose fittings etc. will take it to get my free emissions test afterwards see if it passes this time or atleast how much better it shows up on paper... doesnt matter regardless im moving to the north GA mountains at the end of the week.. no emissions needed :) shall update tommorrow or wednesday

Back