• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35's on a 4.5" lift?

35's will give u 2 more inchs of tire clearence, minus two inches of flex. 33"s a full locker in the rear and a lunchbox in the front will get u everywhere an open carrier with 35"s will.

**if you want specific questions and dont want to ask them here drop me a PM or on AIM thebluyak***

Ryan

thanx my names ryan to BTW. and i was watchin horse power tv and they made flames come out the exaust using a spark plug and somethin else i didnt see what else they used cause it was a preview but how do they do that? im gonna google search it. but yeah my aim is on my profile thanx a lot

not sure, but u will get a MASSIVE ticket for that. I saw something like that on too fast too furious...enough said ; ) IM me and maybe I can help u with some questions

The Blu Yak said:
35's will give u 2 more inchs of tire clearence, minus two inches of flex. 33"s a full locker in the rear and a lunchbox in the front will get u everywhere an open carrier with 35"s will.

**if you want specific questions and dont want to ask them here drop me a PM or on AIM thebluyak***

Ryan

Wrong. 1" more clearance.

You may also want a gas tank skid and t-case skid before hitting the Rubicon, and good tow points on both ends before any real wheeling. I've always been open front, locked rear on the Rubicon. I've done fine on it, body damage aside.

yeah im for sure gonna gonna get a new front bumper and sliders from that guy aj he makes hella sick sliders for sooo cheap and te bumpers too i came up with a pretty sweet design but im still workin on it.
www.ajoffroadarmor.com
the side step sliders for 300
those are the nicest ones i have seen ever and they are cheaper than anything i have also seen

where do you guys trim on the back fenders how far do you go without cutting through. ive heard about people cutting a little then folding the rest but how much can you take off? same with the front how much?

yeah i just used the supplied bumpstops,

i have 3.75 backspacing

Shomsky462 said:
so i guess i dont really need 35 but i want to be able to get through the rubicon so will this get me through? 4.5" lift, 1.5" spacers and shackles, 33's, front h.d. bumper, sliders, 4.56 gears and a lockrite in front and a stock limited slip in back, k&n filter. will that get me through or not?
These guys saying "stick with 33's" are right, you're guarenteed to be alot more reliable, especially if you don't get too friendly with the skinny pedal.

You're set up fine for the Rubicon - there's lots of hype about that trail, but 95% of it is really not that tough and the hard spots usually have a bypass. Plenty of guys still run it on 31" tires with good spotting or an experienced driver. Here's pics of mine on the Con when it was 5" lift on 33's. Everywhere in these pics has a bypass.

2 pics crawling the box, b4 it became buggy territory and a pic of me and my buddy Don, just past Buck Island Lake
fxgw95.jpg
fxgwau.jpg
fxgvmr.jpg

thanx those fender trimming instructions wil come in handy when i decide to do that. so thanx

Back