• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33x12.50 or 10.50 - CO member opinions?

I KNEW your XJ looked familiar! I am the one who did the alignment when you took it to Meineke there in Falcon. :laugh:

Eeeeuww....!

Just kidding. Thanks for the quality work. I took it to Brakes Plus before you and they biffed it, said I needed offset ball joints. You had it for an hour and had it running straight and true. Thanks.

Oh, I keep an eye on your XJ for changes every time I drive by. Take care.

Now that the purchase has been made, I'd vote 33x10.50s - the narrower tire digs into the snow to find hard surface a little better, it seemed and for a DD there's a few pounds less wear-and-tear on the ends of the axle that way. Plus, with 15x7" rims with 4" backspacing they tucked in pretty nicely on a 4.5" lift. I'm still looking for my front 3/4 shot so in the meantime this one will have to do:

flare_12.jpg

Now that the purchase has been made, I'd vote 33x10.50s - the narrower tire digs into the snow to find hard surface a little better, it seemed and for a DD there's a few pounds less wear-and-tear on the ends of the axle that way. Plus, with 15x7" rims with 4" backspacing they tucked in pretty nicely on a 4.5" lift. I'm still looking for my front 3/4 shot so in the meantime this one will have to do:

flare_12.jpg
I had no problem with the side view. It's the front or rear view I think would have looked a little funny. The flares would have stuck out a good inch farther than the rear tires. I didn't want the pro-street look. However, next time around I'll look harder at the 10.50s if I'm still driving this daily. Nice TJ flares, by the way.

That's why I was trying to find the other pics - the edge of the tires actually sat almost directly under the edge of the flare. There was only the tiniest bit of overhang, and it helped keep splash off the windshield.

Thanks on the TJ flares - they definitely got rid of the ragged edge from the stock flares that was left over from the bumper install.

Jim

Re: 33x12.50s - Update

So I've been driving on the new BFGs for a week, and spent the last two days driving on the snow and ice. I am very pleased with their performance!!! I was very concerned that the wider MTs would be horrible on the snow and ice. Luckily, the rubber compound is a lot softer than I expected, which makes the sipes open up really easily to grip. Yesterday I was able to zip by cars that were struggling up a local hill. Going 45 mph on the straightaways was uneventful where the old Yokahamas used would get me floating around quite a bit.

So far, these new tires are doing great!

Back