• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3-31-07 Exit 38 night run

Joe,

I gave 30 days notice at my work, so Now I need to save as much money as possible. I may not Drive my own rig, but would love to rid along with one of you. I"m off work at 6:30pm again. Let me know

bet one of them is mine. Just bring it to round three if you can get the permission slip signed by teh
images

Let's just say she was not happy about my 3AM return home. Why does it have to be in the dark? Ben is unemployed so he will be available during the day. That would be better maybe? Cue the MEOWing

WaXJ_Skier said:
bet one of them is mine. Just bring it to round three if you can get the permission slip signed by teh
images

DrSockMonkey said:
Let's just say she was not happy about my 3AM return home. Why does it have to be in the dark? Ben is unemployed so he will be available during the day. That would be better maybe? Cue the MEOWing
Yeah, the night run thing (especially in the snow) is not really something you should keep doing too much. Last trip was a perfect example; while I'm sure you would have been able to get out even if I (and my winch) hadn't been there, it probably would have taken a lot longer.

Point is, there can be some real consequences if you're not properely prepared to spend the night in those situations. I don't know who was and who wasn't, but it is something that bears consideration for the future. Daylight is your friend.

-----Matt-----

DrSockMonkey said:
or you could bring your wife with you then she can see for herself that wheeling is mostly a big
images
fest and we are not hanging in the vip room of the gentlmans club

I gave my 30 days notice. I have basically no days off till April 29th. After the 29th, I will have Sundays and Mondays off.

I agree with Matt on the night thing. As it is fun to do night runs, and I like them, I don't really like night runs in the snow. A mud run? Maybe to Plum creek in the night time sure, but not really again in the snow.

I'm down for a plum creek run sometime soon, in the night, while i'm still at work, but around the 20th of April i'm going to stop wheeling, and SAVE cause i'll be out of work for about 2 months.

Going back to school to get my Certificate in TIG welding, the only one I don't have.

edit: ewps doorknob posted before me...

WaXJ_Skier said:
or you could bring your wife with you then she can see for herself that wheeling is mostly a big
images
fest and we are not hanging in the vip room of the gentlmans club

so... do you really have a valid point? That looks like a plate of Cleveland Steamers.
!!!1 :dunce: Hasta

So what the hell is that you're trying to climb? Is your 'trail' not passable without a winch? Do you have any pictures that don't completely suck? :gee:

ECKSJAY said:
So what the hell is that you're trying to climb? Is your 'trail' not passable without a winch? Do you have any pictures that don't completely suck? :gee:

Wet Snow, about 3-4 ft deep.

elevation gains of about 2000ft in about 2 miles

And well, I don't think it would have been too much of an issue had we made it to the river, we were about 25ft from it, but normally there is a caldron that goes under the road, and well NOPE the road was "technically closed" because the river had washed out the road, but will those of us with lifts, i'm sure we could have gotten across fine.

The trail that we have gone on is Panzy compaired to what is farther up. Even with no snow, the parts farther up can be very hairy, and steep. If there was as much snow down on the bottom as there was i'd prefer not to even attempt the top section., but if you all want to try it again, sure i'm game i guess

Here's me coming into town.
head1.jpg

Fuchie%20Street%20Light.jpg

Headlight%20Halos.jpg

My Mom at the wheel:
hids-glare.jpg

without%20crop.jpg

The Kids had fun too!
glare.jpg

2006080320900301.jpg

0304hea001.jpg

Night%20Driving.jpg

21927_4299_by_badboy.jpg

Oh and Uncle Ralph got into it
antiglaregoggs.jpg

This post is Mick Foley approved!
MICK%20FOLEY.jpg

:dunno:

There's a HUGE punishment for having machinery close to running water. I could be crazy but I think it's up to $10,000 fine and a year in jail. WA doesn't fawk around with resources like they used to.

Back