• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

295X75X16 BFG AT's

Nothing I'd say you'd need to worry about, just the usual scrapes and rim rash, I just didn't want you thinking they would be all pretty and sparkly or anything. They are good tires and they hold a strong bead so nothing bad enough to be problematic, and I figured giving you all 5 tires, with the wheels (since those run 50 bucks or so new and about 25 used) and already mounted and balanced makes it more than fair especially with the drive I'll be doing. You'll get quite alot of fun out of them on the trail, and they drive nice on the road (way nicer than the SX by the way). And I'll post pics before I start wrenchin tonight since once that happens and I get dirty my wife won't let me touch the camera.

Sorry I didn't get them done, had a fellow XJ break down and went to help him out, here's a couple links to pics of them in use (thus dirty and on the trail) until I get home tonight to get you some pictures of them more up close and in detail.

PA250010.jpg

PA250011.jpg

...Frank

Yep, sorry I just got back from my weekend (I didn't want to come back up to northern virginia in rush hour). Yes, I'm coming down to meet you Saturday. If you know of a place to get those mounted on wheels I'll be bringing we could just meet up at that place, and that way you could just take these as those go on. If there's any of those locally-known good-things-to-know like signs that ain't clear and everyone knows just go that way except for those not from there I'd love to know that sort of stuff before I leave... a phone number would be really helpful, one that would have service when you're around Knoxville would help too. My cell which I'll have with me all the way and which has service on most highways is five seven one two three two one two six three, that'll be handy Saturday when you wonder how far I've made it. Since I haven't done the drive yet if you give me an idea of about how long it'll take you to get there I'll be able to call and let you know when it's time to leave so you don't need to waste much time waiting.

Fair enough?
...Frank

ps about what time is good for you, i'll be unable to get there much before noon and almost certainly a bit later, but I need to get there when someone can mount them for the ride back up so has to be daytime I guess... but what works for you?

I don't know Knoxville very well. I guess I will get my dad to go with me, since he is up their frequently. I don't know of any place their that would mount tires. Are you going to be driving down on the Swampers? I am still on my stock tires on the stock 15 inch wheels.

I can find a place for getting the tires mounted no problem, I'll look in their business directories and should have no prob finding an NTB or Tire Rack or whatever is down there. And yes I'll definately be driving down on them, I don't have room for multiple sets of tires, I'll have my empty 16 inch wheels in the back, and a wife and daughter that like to road trip with me. So the plan is simply to meet you, get the 295s tires mounted on the 16 inch wheels, toss them on and swap these to yours. Is yours lifted, or you just tossing them in the back?
...Frank

2 should work for me. I'm sure I can look the place up and find it. It will probably take me 1 1/2 hrs to get there. Yes I am lifted, but I do not know if I will be putting them on there or not. Hope everything works out good.

Ok we're set then! I'll be aiming to meet you there at around 2pm. I'm going to push to be early, so I might leave Friday night to a waypoint to make the drive shorter on Saturday. If you email me, or call my cellphone and give me a contact number for you I could let you know ahead of your leaving whether I'm running on-time, or if I will be able to get there a little earlier. My XJ was the one in the pics of the tires so it'll be easy to spot. Looking forward to meeting another XJ guy, expecially as I don't know too many that aren't in Virginia :)
...Frank

Great! Ok your number is in my phone now. If I manage things and wind up ahead of schedule and call you early would you be able to get on the road earlier?

...Frank

Ok then, I'll try for earlier and figure for 2 at the latest. If I can escape the DC area rush-hour before it gets bad I'll wind up early on Saturday, and if I get stuck in it I'll be there at 2. I'll give you a head's up Friday evening maybe, somewhere between 6 or so and 8 or so depending on when I have cell reception. Going to see if that tire place can get one more of those tires there to mount so I can do a full set of them.
...Frank

Back