• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

24 Hours of Lemons in an XJ Dec 4-5

Awesome job guys. Our XJ-R is settled down for the winter sadly. Did you ever do anything with the rear axle? I spoke to one of you over the phone about the 8.8 swap.

I can't wait to see the videos!

Awesome job guys. Our XJ-R is settled down for the winter sadly. Did you ever do anything with the rear axle? I spoke to one of you over the phone about the 8.8 swap.
That was me you spoke to. Yes, we ended up swapping in an 8.8 we got essientally for free. The 3.73 gears an LSD made a HUGE difference, and I think we'll try to find some 4.10s laying around. We were turning 5150 RPM in thrid at the fastest section of the track, so 4.10s should be even better without being too aggressive. What I really need is more HP.

VP2_7100.jpg

-----Matt-----

Congrats for sure. I like the Daytona Paint Scheme. Team Petty Cash...LOL!

Thanks! Petty drove a Plymouth Superbird, though, not a Daytona. Close, but slightly different beast.

-Matt

Your absolutely right. Bobby Issac's daytona was orange. Still Very Cool, Dude. Next Year?

Next Year?
We ran Thunderhill in Nov. of '09, Sears Point (Infineon) earlier in 2010, this last race, and our plan is to be at Oregon Motorsports Park in June of 2011. I'd also like to race at Sears Point again next year, that was a really fun track. My goal is to do at least two races per season, it just comes down to money for entry fees and gas though. *Cough, NAXJA sposorship, Cough*.

-Matt

This was definitely a fun thing to do, and I definitely want to do it again. I'll have to see about joining Matt and the guys for the race in June in Portland, but I'm going to plan on racing next Dec in Buttonwillow again. Anyone have a line on a cheap 2wd XJ? :D

Back