• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep wins Grand Prize in 24 Hours of LeMons-

What happened to the grille and the circular aux light on the bumper before tech inspection day?
Maybe some of that Blue Petty Punch was involved??

What happened to the grille and the circular aux light on the bumper before tech inspection day?
Maybe some of that Blue Petty Punch was involved??
No P8 involved, our floor jack came loose during transport and the handle broke the lens and bulb on both our front lights. IPF (aka ARB) actually came through for us like champs at the last second and was able to source a couple rectangle aux. lights which we put in the stock headlight location, as well as parts to put one of the circular lights back together. We'll add more for out next 24 hour event in Spokane, Washington with ChumpCar.

Well, those links explain the blue lights under the thing, I was wondering if those were from a half assed underglow kit or were supposed to be half assed rock lights:laugh3:
That's the VisionX "Tantrum" rock light kit. I can't say I'd recommend it for that use, though. They do LED lights well, but that kit is more for the import tuner crowd than for off-road use. Looked cool at 100 mph down the main straight and made a lot of people laugh...which was the entire point.

-Matt

No P8 involved, our floor jack came loose during transport and the handle broke the lens and bulb on both our front lights. IPF (aka ARB) actually came through for us like champs at the last second and was able to source a couple rectangle aux. lights which we put in the stock headlight location, as well as parts to put one of the circular lights back together. We'll add more for out next 24 hour event in Spokane, Washington with ChumpCar.

That's the VisionX "Tantrum" rock light kit. I can't say I'd recommend it for that use, though. They do LED lights well, but that kit is more for the import tuner crowd than for off-road use. Looked cool at 100 mph down the main straight and made a lot of people laugh...which was the entire point.

-Matt

Ah ok, I was wondering why you guys ran those rectangular lights in the stock location. I had seen it done for JS type rigs, but i thought for street use, the stock ones would be fine. Looks like you have LED aux lights in the bumper as well?

I was so happy to see this on Facebook.

I posted a comment saying something to the effect of "this is why it was stupid to discontinue the xj..."

I know some miata people. So funny.

Ah ok, I was wondering why you guys ran those rectangular lights in the stock location. I had seen it done for JS type rigs, but i thought for street use, the stock ones would be fine. Looks like you have LED aux lights in the bumper as well?
Yeah, we're running VisionX LEDs in various patterns pointing though the bumper (and protected by a crash structure...that's over a grand worth of lights) for most of our forward illumination. The IPF 100 watt halogens are actually cross-eyed severely (the driver side light points at the the right hand corner apex) for maximum "what's coming up" vision. Worked pretty well, but we've got lots of tweaks before the next night race.

-Matt

I was so happy to see this on Facebook.

I posted a comment saying something to the effect of "this is why it was stupid to discontinue the xj..."

I know some miata people. So funny.
Yeah, that was cool when Jeep (totally unsolicited) posted up my blog on their main page. We had 5700 hits in just a few hours...had a hard time keeping up. In the meantime, of course, the Petty Cash Racing Facebook page needs all the help we can get...tell your friends!

-Matt

Back