• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2017 NWFEST dates

Here is where I was talking about.
Naches%20Camping%201.png

I talked to someone with the Dust Dodgers, he knows the area really well and thinks he can find a place that will possibly work as well or better for us.

He is going to get me some maps and has offered to show me some stuff if i want to drive out and scout the area.

Might be taking a road trip.

If I'm available I'll come with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the one between long meadow and crow creek, it may work but it's hard to say without scouting it out.
That's actually a really nice spot, but I don't think it's large enough for the whole group. I believe it's technically a "dispersed" site, so no fees which is nice. However that also means no bathrooms, and it's a very popular spot (meaning we'd have to try to secure the area Mon/Tue).

In Long Meadow, the site at the very end of the meadow where we had the Parachute a few years ago, that is actually the start/finish of their course. If we plan of sharing, I'd just surrender our usual area to them, and maybe try to stay up near the entrance. :dunno:

There's a cool area up Kaner Flats just below the ridge-line we could wheel into. :greensmok

Regardless, some good Naches wheeling sounds awesome! We'll definitely be fighting the snow pack this year.

I was given the race layout for the poker run and i believe your right,we would have to gather near the entrance. Doug with the Dust Dodgers did say they will try to accommodate us so our interaction with them should be better than previous years.

I'm curious to see what other area he has in mind,he says it is easy access and pretty easy for people to find. He seems to think it could work better for us than long meadow.
I will post the map when he sends it,many of you guys know the Naches area much better than I do.

I was given the race layout for the poker run and i believe your right,we would have to gather near the entrance. Doug with the Dust Dodgers did say they will try to accommodate us so our interaction with them should be better than previous years.

This is great! Working together for the good of all. :patriot:

42' goose friendly is nice too.

I second that. I'm pushing 40' OAL, my father also has his rolling penthouse pushing 50' OAL, parking is a plus but just plain maneuverability is a necessity.
Also, on the "new spot" or any place else I could ask my father he has been wheeling naches for 25yrs, and knows the area well. He is part of pnw4x4/thundertrucks.

I'm not familiar with their proposed location. I looked the area over on Google Earth, and it looks like there's a few good sized clearings, but it's hard to tell how they would work out without scouting first hand.

The closest trail for us is Kaner 676 which is just off the 1903 on the map. Their proposed location is only a minute or two from Long Meadow so distance to any of the trails is unaffected. The rest of the trails we use are mostly accessed off Hwy410 or via other trails. The only way we're getting closer to the trails is if we move to a dispersed site up off of the 1708 Milk Creek road up to the rocks, which I don't believe would be a good move for an event like this.

Long Meadow has easy accessibility for trucks/trailers, bathrooms, no Forest Pass requirements, and usually plenty of spaces (if their isn't a dirt bike poker run going on). It's going to be tough to find a replacement.

Last edited:
I'd like to attend this year, but will skip it if we have to share the campground with dirtbikes. I see other developed campgrounds near Sawmill Flat, and would prefer driving a few extra minutes to the trail in exchange for peace and quiet.

Hopefully we will find something that will work for us,sharing long meadow will be the last option which will buy us until next year to find a solution.

Honestly i didn't think the dirt bikes were a big deal other than us all trying to use the same end of the camp ground,they do a dinner for their volunteers Saturday night,most of their group doesn't roll in until Sunday morning as most of us are leaving.

I'd like to attend this year, but will skip it if we have to share the campground with dirtbikes. I see other developed campgrounds near Sawmill Flat, and would prefer driving a few extra minutes to the trail in exchange for peace and quiet.

I'm on the same page as Nate.

I'm working on it, I'm getting together a few other potential locations before i drive out there for some scouting.
Hopefully i can find a new location that works for us,If not we can look at moving the dates around.

Today i got a message from national about our event so i have some pressure to get something locked in.

Back