• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$2000 budget wish list

Are you able to install everything by yourself? If not I would factor in the cost of installation.

I would pick 1 locker (I did the rear) and put the other $400 towards new tires, gears, or a lift.

Don't know what transfer case you got but assuming you have a 231 there are better SYE kits out there. 242 case won't work with that kit. Look into the Iron Off Road setup.

If I was to get an entry level winch like that I'd get the cheaper 8k pound one. For that price you sould be able to find a lightly used warn.

Your front axle in 2wd won't cause any issues with a locker

32s will be ok with stock shafts if your rear is not 35. Even then, you'll be ok if you are light on the skinny pedal.

Don't forget you have the LP front axle. I would look into a HP upgrade from the junk yard.

One last thing to consider: since you're doing what many on this board would consider entry level or mid-grade upgrades, there are a lot of people that are going bigger and are selling their often barely used upgrades like the ones you want to buy at significant savings. Heck, you can probably score a set of axles that are already geared and locked for less than a grand. All you'd have to do is bolt them up. Last set I have seen was a D30/Cryco 8.25 with ARBS and 4.56s, and alloy shafts for 1200. They had two runs on them. Same goes for wheels and tires, or HD steering, and many, many more.

front locker before rear. Almost invisible during daily driving and more advantage on the trail.

I would go with;
1) Skid/rocker protection
2) front/rear recovery
3) 4.56 gears(you will thank yourself pulling that mountain each day!)
4) Detroit TruTrac's or selectable's front and rear.

For daily driving I just do not think you will like lockers with the amount of ice that falls on the mountain and if your not crawling rock every weekend, lockers are not necessary.

As you know, i have Aussies front/rear of my trail rig and love them. They are hardly noticeable on the street. I'm running 4.88's on 35's and need lower here in the mountains.

Back