• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 door vs 4 door

It is a great looking rig. At 5.25" (or 6.25?) you might think about drop brackets. Besides the incredible improvement in the ride, it'll also let you push the axle forward a bit...

Like so:

Not a huge difference, but I think it looks a lot better...

Robert

Thanks Guys, I've been workin hard to not scratch it but I think thats gonna change once I actually get the suspension tuned.

Monkey: I'm actually looking into a Long Arm kit, I could do the drop brackets, but then I'd wanna get all the same arms.
I'm thinkin RK. I'll get some new pics tomorrow, I put tj flares on and the black rims with 33" Hankook's.

Thanks Guys, I've been workin hard to not scratch it but I think thats gonna change once I actually get the suspension tuned.

Monkey: I'm actually looking into a Long Arm kit, I could do the drop brackets, but then I'd wanna get all the same arms.
I'm thinkin RK. I'll get some new pics tomorrow, I put tj flares on and the black rims with 33" Hankook's.

TJ flares?!? but lawn edging is SOOO much cheaper and more flexable ;)

Edit: part of me wishes I could have afforded TJ flares... then again part of me is glad I couldnt

TJ flares?!? but lawn edging is SOOO much cheaper and more flexable ;)

Edit: part of me wishes I could have afforded TJ flares... then again part of me is glad I couldnt

LOL
I paid 120 for my set of 4 rears, brand new.

. I'll get some new pics tomorrow, I put tj flares on and the black rims with 33" Hankook's.

Great! Looking forward for this pics. I have a 3" lift onmy XJ but I´m looking now for something more in lift and tires and I like to see other XJ´s looking how.

This is my ride: 2.5/AX5/231 4wd but I have another XJ with 4.0/AW4 for swaping....so I will make my "own rare" 2dr/4.0/AW4/4wd :roll:

PB250258Medium-1.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/cmt_rodrigo/PB250258Medium-1.jpg?t=1231500267

2 doors all the way.i ques i have one of those "rare"4.0,ax-15,231 jeeps.has a 60 rear now though.what i really like is mine only came with a mirror on the drivers side(wont get a ticket for a broken mirror lol)no luggage rack,no rear wiper,no center console(added one from a donor)
DSC00083.jpg
plastic door panels easy to clean,but does have a/c.
2 doors look badass in my opinion.the doors are way more of a pain to take off and put on though,but i wouldnt have it anyother way.

Do any of you guys know if the 2DR versions have their front seats capable of sliding back farther? I have a RHD 4DR and I'm 6'2", and it's tiiiiiight on that right side with a steering wheel in your lap.
I figured since the C pillar was eliminated and the B pillar slid back, the seats might be somewhere behind their mount points on a 4dr
Or am I just dreaming?

I own both of them 2dr and 4dr but I am not capable to confirm that because they have different type of seats.

Anyway I will look better and check this point.

Regards

i think the 4 dood and 2 door xj's are almost alike but in my oppion 2 doors are just more bad ass i have two a 89 and a 95 the 95 is a 4.0 ax15 231 and i chopped the back half and bent the roof down so now it looks like a pre runner. you just cant go wrong with a 2 door

its all about the 4 doors!
flexin lol
IMG_0019-1.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

new tires
IMG_0202.jpg

she will get a lift soon enough but im keeping the 235/75/15's and just doin a 3" lift but idk if i should go cheap and do 3" blocks and 2" coil spacers or dig in my pockets and do a leaf pack and 3" coil spings...

Beautiful stocker!;)

Anything except add a leaf would be nice.

If you are looking for offroad perfomance go for the 3" coils and the leaf packs.

If you are only after a nice looking go for the cheapest option.....but NEVER add a leaf.

And with 3" you will need a Track bar relocation bracket (very cheap).

IIMHO

Regards

Last edited:
Back