• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 door vs 4 door

Are you kidding? the Moabs looked waaaay better!

shot7.jpg

Robert

+1;)

see... 4 doors are better =D

f8bd.jpg

Not that one. There was a thread on pirate about that one and it is an epic exersize in fail. The 231 is clocked straight up and down and from what the guys that have seen it in person, that is as far as the rig got into the rock pile. Go to pirate and in the cherokee forum search for 14 in lift. So sad to see a rig get molested like that.

BTW I have a 2dr and wouldn't trade it for the world. Much easier to trim the fenders and bolt on flares. My passengers are usually of the pre teen pesuasion so that's not an issue. Don't know how rare it is but it does have the 4.0L/5sp/231. It has a/c, pw, pl, tilt, cruise, clock, fogs, rear wiper. I think it has keyless but like just about everything else on the list doesn't work. It's badged as a Laredo.

Parakeet

my 2000 4 dr has fold down rear seats too... bottom folds forward and the back folds down where the bottom giving it tons of room right?... so ya 4 doors fold down too :anon:
Dude... what?!?

No, In a 2 door the FRONT seats fold forward so you can get into the back.

This means there is a special seat bracket you HAVE to use to mount the seat. If you go out and get bucket seats to replace your old worn out seats I promise you, they wont fit those brackets.

In fact, if I had a 2 door, I think I'd just tare out the rear seat and weld steel plate in to make a full length bed.

I must be missing something here. My 2-Dr seats recline and flip forward, neither of which is a function of the seat pedestal.

Anyway, this thread is supposed to be about making fun of those poor souls that got stuck with the soccer-mom style XJs!

I like how maxx took off the ugly plastic trim on the ZJ doors(I liked the early ones and tsis w/o the trim). Here's some new pics of mine:
p1240002.jpg

p1240004.jpg

p1240001.jpg

Dude... what?!?

This means there is a special seat bracket you HAVE to use to mount the seat. If you go out and get bucket seats to replace your old worn out seats I promise you, they wont fit those brackets.

In fact, if I had a 2 door, I think I'd just tare out the rear seat and weld steel plate in to make a full length bed.

Yeah. I 'splained that about three weeks ago...

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=244192736&postcount=30

And it's not the brackets that are different, it's the inner mechanism.

Anything that'll bolt into a fourdoor will bolt into a twodoor. It just won't flip forward...

Robert

Dude... what?!?

Don't mind MaxxXJ, he's a bit slow.

I like my 2 door - and previously mentioned I don't ride in the back so not too worried about access. Though mines even more limited access now with the cage. Been hard to find another set of affordable doors lately though - see lots of 4 door fronts, but not many 2 door ones.

I'm not saying they're not popular -- There's one in my driveway right now :D

Just that they're harder to find. Right now on ebay motors, they list 82 Cherokees. (Including a couple of misclassified Grands)

Out of those 82, I found three two doors. 3/82 is pretty rare.

Of those, this one and this one are two wheel drive, and this one is a five speed.

So yeah, I'd say 0/82 is pretty uncommon.

Robert

I have an 2dr '87 Aw4 4x4 as well.. it was some kind of govt vehicle..

Back