• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" bastard?

yossarian19

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched and read through some writeups, including a great one about the S10 bastard mod... but I'm not finding what I want.
I'm looking to add, at some point, about 2" into the spring pack. Everything I've read is more in the ballpark of 3-4 inches which means SYE time which I can't afford in the forseeable future... Anyone built a 2" bastard or just go fullsize AAL?

You can still do the S10 deal....your lift height depends on how many of the S10 leaves you use.

I'm using the S10 main with the eyes cut off as the second spring in my pack (using the the rest of the stock Xj springs under it), with the resf of my lift coming from a longer shackle that's been relocated. I set the pack up with the stock shackle first, total spring lift was about what you're looking for. Yours may very slightly depending on the condition of your stock leaves. Hope that helps.

Helps alot.
Thinking 1.5 from shackles for now, SYE then add S10 main after I figure out how I want to bring the front end up...
Thanks!

you can get away with a TRULY exact three inch lift with a tcase drop and shims. The problem is most 3 inch lifts acutually net more. I wouldn't be afraid of building a bastard pack just because you don't wanna slap an sye on man.

CustomCrawler said:
3" lift from rough country AAL (245) and it if sags put a shackle to level it out. it would flex better then a bastard pack?

alot more expensive. and it depends on the pack he makes.

GottaBeJeep said:
X2! I bought coils, leafs, shocks from a local member who got inchitis. With the extra hardware from a local spring shop I have maybe $125 in the project. Better yet, my wife hasn't rolled it on the street; she drives like a maniac. The set-up is very well mannered.

IMG_1023.jpg

Last edited:
Many people get away with 4.5 inches with no SYE! I just replaced my 2nd and 3rd leaves with the 2nd and 3rd leaves from a MJ, and got four inches, drove home up to 65 mph and no vibes! I don't even have a TC drop!

Back