• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997 cherokee

rain76king

NAXJA Forum User
1997 Jeep Cherokee, 260,xxx has the older style fenders and header panel. 4.0/aw4/d30/c8.25/3.55's/31x10.5 x 15's. Bought it last Feb off of xjbump, since I bought it I threw in a new alt. new water pump, complete tune up, replaced ac condensor and recharged. Timing chain, new front calipers, pads and rotors. New rear shoes, drums, e-brake cable. Replaced the suspension with a factory "up country" suspension, new shocks, budget boost lift, tcase drop, muffler, replaced the sealed headlight bezels with open ones from crown which throws the light a bit better. Added the front brush guard, pair of hellas not wired. Rear Tire carrier added, will carry up to a 37 inch tire. 2 D rings for recovery, plus a new uhaul rear bumper. Rewired the trailer wiring as well. Up top theres a surco rack mounted on thules. Comes with 5 factory sized rims and tires with great tread.
Jeep has been well taken care of and recent compression test was well within spec on all cylinders. Motor was replaced at some point in it's life but not by me and with no further info. Interior decent, floor pans solid. no visual rust but driver side rocker will need work. Daily driver, I drive it to Maine every other weekend without a second thought. asking $1,500. Will not part and not interested in trades. Thanks.

Located in Hanover MA. 20 minutes South Of Boston

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

010.jpg

011-1.jpg

I'll talk to my cousin, she's looking for a first car and I want her in an XJ if I'm the one working on it. You don't have a rough number of how many miles are on the motor?

wish I was on here when I bought my XJ, I paid 2400 for my rustbucket bone stock :eek:

I've sent the link to a few friends, will try and harass them into buying it too

My best friend needs a car, and I'm trying to talk him into an XJ, but he see's how much trouble my 97 is and hesitates... If this XJ needs NOTHING and everything works 100% I might be able to sway him. How bad is that rocker, and what condition is the interior in?

Interior is fine, the rocker is better than most. MA is bitchy about rust so I just herculined it to get by my inspection. It should be addressed at some point though to make it last. Passenger side is rust free.

Last edited:
Back