• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 Jeep Cherokee $2200

Bizeeb65

NAXJA Forum User
1991 Jeep Cherokee
White with Maroon Interior
4.0L I-6
Auto
NP231 t-case.
163k miles
3" lift
31x10.50 BFG A/T's on late model cherokee aluminum wheels.

This has been my daily driver for about 2 years. The motor uses oil, and has a lifter tick. I have replaced the rear main, oil pump, water pump, serp belt, and have a harmonic balancer to go on it. I also have a momentary bypass on the neutral safety switch.

Asking $2200. I can't come off this price much, but offers are entertained. Will trade for a civic or accord.

Pictures to follow tonight.

502-409-2102

I may be interested but I have to wait and see what my insurance company says about mine

DSC04611.jpg

DSC04612.jpg

DSC04614.jpg

DSC04615.jpg

DSC04616.jpg

DSC04619.jpg

ok, i'm not much of a mechanic, and i'm pretty new to the xj fam, but i was reading your writeup on the truck and you say "the motor uses oil, and has a lifter tick". what condition are the tires, rims and suspension in? i may consider taking it off your hands and using those parts on the 2000 i just bought, then turning it into a off road only rig. let me know your thoughts; i'm in chicago, so it's not that far.

geaganj said:
ok, i'm not much of a mechanic, and i'm pretty new to the xj fam, but i was reading your writeup on the truck and you say "the motor uses oil, and has a lifter tick". what condition are the tires, rims and suspension in? i may consider taking it off your hands and using those parts on the 2000 i just bought, then turning it into a off road only rig. let me know your thoughts; i'm in chicago, so it's not that far.

The tires are down to about 30% tread. I would replace em if using em on a daily driver that sees a lot of miles each day. I commute 4 miles to work, so I am not worried about em for my commute.

The wheels are in great shape. They are mostly the reason I bought em. So no issues there.

The steering components need to be updated (tie rod ends, drag link ends, alignment) but this is something I may do before selling it. Other than that, the lift is good to go. The shocks are fairly new (6 months), the front springs are BDS I believe, and the rear I have stock packs with a main cherokee leaf added to it, and 1.5" lift shackles.

And regarding the engine, I have been told by some that the ticking noise is common in higher mileage 4.0L motors. It has had it since I bought it. It could perhaps use an engine flush.

My wife loves this Jeep, we plan on buying another one (this time for her) in the next few weeks. If yours was closer it would be right up our alley.
In fact I just picked up an Accord that doesn't start. I haven't had time to diagnose it but if I get her running I might entertain the thought of a road trip... MIGHT.

Back