• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 MJ 4.0 5spd 4x4

xjbump

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1990 MJ Comanche SB 4x4 with a swapped in 4.0 & Peugeot 5spd. Motor was low mileaged and it great shape. The tranny shifts good but needs clutch. It was originally lifted by previous owner with coils and spacers up front and SOA in the back but he never did anything about the control arms, so the spacers were taken out and the rear was put back to SUA with beefy shackles because he didnt bother taking the other perches off. It does have lower fixed arm but stock upper. The front is a disco D30 and the rear is a non-c-clip D35 Lincoln locked. Gears are 4.10s. I had 33" tires under it and they fit well. The doors are removable. It has a brush guard & show bar, both with lights. It has a solid Flowmaster exhaust with dual out, that sounds cool.I replaced the whole dashboard & heater box so everything works(new heater core), gas tank, wheel cyl., brake lines, fuel line, battery. The floor was repaired and coated. Rockers were repaired but badly, never got to those. Frame is practically perfect. I have a ton of extra parts to go with this as well. New gas tank and straps in box, gas tank skid, new front hitch reciever, extra tailgate(mint), new rock ratz rails for the cab and bed, new dual stabilizer, new floor mats, tie rods, draglink, rear bumper brackets, new mopar coolant hoses and vac lines, tune up parts, new gauge cluster with 0 miles and totes of a ton of other parts. I'm probably forgetting some stuff but it comes with alot because I'm including all the Renix stuff I've amassed over the years as I wont need it anymore. I'm asking $1700 with everything. Some trades accepted. I will include a 9" rearend if bought for that price. Oh it also is sitting on 31's but their alittle bald and I have a stock set of alloys with good rubber on them. Here are some pics.

0921091603.jpg
0921091603a.jpg

0921091603b.jpg
0921091604.jpg

0921091604a.jpg
0921091604b.jpg

0921091604c.jpg

Last edited:
Ooh, if you still have it when I go home for break (Thanksgiving, I think?) and I haven't found something beforehand I'll take you up on that. Most likely won't occur but who knows, maybe my shitty luck finding 5spd XJs will continue.

I have an 8.8 with 4.10s and a rebuilt trac-loc already welded up for a comanche that I will include with this for an extra $200 if you want. I also have the driveshaft to go with it.

I will also lower the price quite abit for less parts taken with it. I'm just looking to move this out of the driveway.

I might be interested in the extra tailgate... let me know what you'd want for it if you'd sell it seperate

Travis, dont touch that tailgate! It belongs on a comanche!

that's enough out of you, sir! I already have the cab of a comanche, at least let me have a couple bolt on parts to go with it!! :laugh3:

Want a FSJ tailgate? I don't mind people cutting those up as much and I can get you one.

$1000 as she sits no extras or trade for 4dr XJ

what are you looking for in a 4dr XJ? I have a 94 that's in good shape, but it's really only suited for a trail rig. Let me know what you're looking for, can send you pics if you think you'd be interested.

Back