• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

18x9" or 18x10" wheels

Smittty9785

NAXJA Forum User
i got ahold of some 38x15.50x18 Nitto Mud grapplers for fairly cheap. now im having trouble finding a rim for the rig. im looking for just a 18x10 steel wheel. cant find them anywhere. anyone have some input on where i can find them. thanks..

with that size, your going to have to go aluminum. i have yet to see a 18x10 steel wheel

edit: im 95% the biggest steel rim you can buy is 17"

Last edited:
yea 17x9 are the biggest i can find for steel. i mean im the asst manager at a tire factory and cant find 18x10 so im sure they dont make them. Im just picky and dont like a bunch of chrome on my rig. Im just looking for a basic wheel that wont snap or chack if i hit a rock. ive seen many many alloy wheels cracked from potholes. so i can only imagine what i will do to them if they are on my jeep.... i might go with the procomp extreme alloys. just the big holes...

found these for $99 each my price. so i think ill be picking these up.. asd far as the tires, i got them for $200 each and barley used. 38x15.50x18 Nitto Mud Grapplers..

70c5te.jpg
tires 38x15.50x18
2qm3h95.jpg
wheels 18x9

thats what i was thinking. i got all the prices from napa to do the front and rear. completly rebuild them like i did to the 8.8. for everything its gonna be about $600 for front and rear. thats without the gears obviously. Most likely ill weld the front spiders and spool the rear.

2000 posts. whoop whoop

If you like steering, welded front spiders probably aren't the best...

yea they fit great but i never ender up running them.. I sold them back to my old shop.. waiting for my front end to be done then im doing 39.5"

it all depends on what axles you are running.. they might not make a 18 i your offset you might want for the axle you are running.. these were for a dana 44, 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern. if your running stock jeep axles, Your going to have to do some research on the wheels for your offset.. good luck

Back