• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Barney Mobile Upgrades

Caged94XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, after years of working on the Jeep it is time for some major upgrades. So here is the run down of the parts going in this winter.

Front:
79 F250 Hi Pinion D44 Full Width
Chromemoly D44 Axle Shafts
Yukon Super Joints
Warn Premium Lockout Hubs
D44 Detroit Locker
Yukon 5.13 Gears
Hydro Assist
High Steer
TNT Custom Track Bar and Mounts
TNT Truss
8" Skyjacker Coil Springs
Rock Krawler 3 Link

Rear:
81 Ford Bronco 9" Full Width
9" Full Spool
Yukon 5.13 Gears
TNT Truss
JB Conversions SYE
Custom Rear Leaf Springs
Wheelbase Extension
Great Lakes Pinion Guard for 9"

If I get time and budget allows:
EXO tied into internal cage
Tube doors
THOR quarter panel guards

Its going to be a long winter in the Springs... :firedevil

Sure sounds like you're going to have a good time this winter. Hope the garage is heated.

That's a long list of things though. All that's currently on my winter to-do list is finishing the long arms I started working on a year ago...

I was helping Coop get some work done at his shop last week and I was sooooo tempted to paint those pretty, purple knuckles a nice shade of pink :D.The 44 looks sweet by the way :thumbup: (I only tripped over it a couple of times while working :gag: ).When are you bringing that hunk of crap down to the hangar so we can start building it??

Has soon as Led has time to be out at the hanger so we can get rid of the rolled rig...

Yeah, when the heck are you guys going to be out at the hangar so I can pick up all the stuff I left there?

Fred

Good set up! Thats basically what im running and the only issue ive had is front ujoints popping occasionally, but those were who knows how old... so im gonna try out some new spicer ones this weekend!

Okay so I got some parts in... Here is the new front axle.

13zqp2s.jpg

a7fur.jpg

Okay so it has been a while since I have given an update... So here goes... I bought a 1993 4 door XJ to put the lift and parts off of my 1994 on to... I brought new 17 x 9 Spyderlock beadlock wheels. I have now two builds going. I have for the 1993 extended brake lines, 5.5 inch lift, roof rack, roll cage, 5 point harnesses, new TnT HD trackbar system, AJs super rails, and a CB... The 1994 has the rear axle done and I added rear disk brakes... Working on the frontend now... Here is a shot of the new wheels...
6ynl0cw.jpg

The axles are stripped out of the 1994 along with the lift kit, and the 1993 is done... Here is a picture of the two back to back before the stripping...
sdd0nl.jpg

Coop is still working on the front axle and the steering box... Hoping he gets them done before he goes to Kuwait...

Okay so here is a update... All of my axles are done and at the hanger. The White 94 XJ is stripped and ready for the new parts. Here are some pictures...

fmnwxi.jpg

291mavq.jpg

j8ii3l.jpg

11hrpsh.jpg

Dammit..... I gotta say Mark, those axles are fawkin' beautiful........

Bravo!

So to give an update. I spent sometime cursing my GD XJ over the weekend and got the front fenders taken off, lower control arm mounts cut off (Which is a PITA and then some.), and cut off my bump stops... More to come...

It is a TNT truss for the 9". However I did have it modified and a drain plug put in it. The good news is I think the trussing will hold up...

Okay, so here is the latest updates. After spending a lot of time welding and setting myslf on fire I have the new LA mounts burned on. The axles are moved into place and ready to get hooked up. Still to go:

New rear leafs
SYE installed
Brake master and booster swap
Moving of the winch box
Install new Master Craft seats
And get drive shafts resized

Here are some crapy cell pictures I will post some better ones next week.

eta2s5.jpg

jky6td.jpg

2rortx1.jpg

3582l9e.jpg

Last edited:
Well if it doesn't cost me my new wife I might finish it. So it was a long day but a lot got done. First I would like to thank Frank Z, Daniel Z, and Stumpalump for all the work they put in. I wouldn't be this far with out you guys. I finished the C-Rok steering brace kit, Shackle relocation, the new steering box is in, the SYE, and the frontend is on the ground. Here are some shots of the mayhem.
ou4ieq.jpg

Had to cut a little off the C-Rok and weld it to the bumper.
29z4kn6.jpg

Here is the shackle relocator in place.
f524qv.jpg

Here are the new LCA mounts welded on.
mtukc9.jpg

2llksom.jpg

I had some issues with the fitment of the new steering box.
34zg5dh.jpg

Here is the new JB Conversions SYE installed.
29ur7k2.jpg

x5wj79.jpg

Final ride height.

Back