• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Aug 11-15

patrick this is a so-cal run they are planning themselves the week after we do the rubicon.

Are we not already doing a rubicon run for Sierrafest this year?

Hi.

I understand that Sierra Chapter may be tentatively planning to run the Con before Sierra Fest, which would be the week of August 4.

Last I checked, the trial will be closed for jamborees August 1-3 and August 7-10. So, that only gives you August 4-6. I know this is enough time to run the trail, but we want to hike for a couple days while we're there. August 11-15 is the first window in August which gives us enough time to both wheel and hike a couple days.

-Mike

My wife and I will be doing the rubicon as a part of our Sierra fest experience. We did it last year the three days before. But I'm up for anything.

Ya I'm planning on rubi trips this year. Be my first! So count me in for socals run!
Having another chapter would be an awesome turnout hopefully we can coordinate something!

There are usually a handful of other chapter members that make it to sierra fest/Rubicon.
As much as I would like to, funds/time off are not usually available. Someday tho.

Ya I'm planning on rubi trips this year. Be my first! So count me in for socals run!
Having another chapter would be an awesome turnout hopefully we can coordinate something!

Bump.

We're still coming up but it looks like just 2 Jeeps from SoCal are making the trip.

We've got the Loon Lake Chalet reserved for the night of August 10, and we're planning to start the Rubicon the morning of August 11.

Hope to see some of you there after Sierra Fest.

Mike

Back